The Kaltura Management Console (KMC) is a media asset management front-end application to the Kaltura Platform. The KMC provides publishers all the tools necessary to manage and publish their media assets in one intuitive interface.
This section lists some of the major changes and improvements that are offered with the new KMC application.
The new HTML5 based software’s engaging design provides a unified, consistent user experience throughout the platform.
Support has been added for uploading videos that are greater than 2GB with a new Upload Monitoring feature. The Upload Monitor presents all current uploads’ status. The Upload Monitor is located on the top navigation bar for quick access from any page on the KMC.
The Kaltura Video Editing Tool is now available from the KMC and allows you to Clip or Trim media, place advertisements at selected points in your media’s timeline and many other editing features.
Each entry page includes a fixed player and lists the entry’s details. The entry’s details are also visible while navigating between the entry’s different tabs.YouTube entries are now visible in the entries list.
Share and Embed
Sorting enhancements have been added to the Players List. The Players List may be sorted by name, upload date, update date.
- Upload content and perform bulk ingestion
- Transcode and manipulate media assets
- Manage metadata profiles and high-precision temporal-metadata
- Design and customize branded media players
- Control and manage end-user entitlements to content in applications such as Kaltura MediaSpace
- Create static and dynamic rule-based playlists
- View analytics and gain insights about how well your content is performing
- Configure live streaming web broadcasts
- Syndicate and distribute content across the web
- Configure ads and leverage ad networks
- Manage access control profiles and limit access to published media
- Manage your Kaltura account settings
- Create Kaltura users, roles and assign permissions
The KMC provides full media management so that you can organize and track your online video system, functions and rich-media content. The following presents a simple workflow to manage content.
- Uploading and Ingestion - upload and ingest video, audio, images and docs, bulk or individual file uploads, via browser, desktop applications, email or mobile.
- Transcoding and Processing – convert videos into multiple flavors (optimized output files) and create transcoding profiles to ensure optimal viewing experience on all devices.
- Creating and Customizing Players - control player size, color, fonts and branding. Add or remove buttons, enable subtitles, sharing, and more.
- Creating and Customizing Playlists - Create manually or dynamically generated playlists.
- Managing Metadata and Categories - leverage metadata fields to tag, manage, search and expose content. Populate out-of-the-box fields or create your own custom metadata schema. Create content packages, including a set of video transcodes, multiple thumbnails in different sizes, metadata, subtitles, scheduling data, and more.
- Locating Content in the KMC - use categories, tags, and any of your custom metadata fields to locate any file, or search caption files for phrases within the video.
- Managing Access Control Profiles - control exactly when and where your content is published; decide who can do what within the KMC.
- Configuring KMC Users and Roles - use out-of-the-box roles and permissions or create your own custom roles with granular permissions.
- Entitlements Settings- -control and manage end-user entitlements to content in applications such as Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Managing Categories - provide a logical structure for your site and assist with content management.
- Moderation and Editorial Workflows - to eliminate spam and abusive content in UGC portals. Implement complex editorial workflows for your various team roles.
- Using Subtitles and Captions - upload multiple caption files (SRT, XML) and transcripts (TXT), or reference an external link. Viewers can toggle between different language captions.
- Live Streaming - schedule and broadcast live events. Includes all the features of on-demand video.
- Content Authoring Tools - trim and clip videos.
- Publishing to your Site - manage content, create playlists, preview and embed to your sites. Provide the optimal viewing experience across all devices with seamless mobile and tablet support.
- Distribution - distribute content to your channels on partner sites such as YouTube, Hulu, and DailyMotion, or create video feeds for third-party platforms such as Google, Yahoo! and iTunes.
- Advertising and Ad Networks- advertise, integrate with ad networks, and enable payment models.
- Creating and Tracking Analytics - get the insight you need on viewer behavior with built-in reports.
- Usage Dashboard - (for VPaaS customers only) view information about your account usage.
- Account Information - modify user information, integration settings and registration information.
We highly recommend that you update your players to the latest Universal Studio players. See How to Update the Kaltura Player to the Latest Version.