Kaltura Video Editing Tools allow users to edit quizzes, clip or trim media, chop and splice media and add advertisements to media from the Kaltura Management Console. They are a one stop shop for Timeline editing for Kaltura MediaSpace (KMS) and Kaltura Application Framework (KAF) applications.
The current release of the Kaltura Video Editing Tools supports the following features:
- Video Quiz Creator (KMS/KAF only)
- Video Editor
- Clipping a media entry
- Trimming a media entry
- Chop and Splice
- Ads (KMC only)
Kaltura Video Editing Tools provide a better user experience for all the Timeline features (those previously in the KMS/KAF Timeline Tab), and concentrate the Timeline editing features into a single folder.
The following table lists the Kaltura Video Editing Tools' features applicable for different types of media:
Type of Media
Clip & Trim
Chop & Splice
- The Editor module must be enabled by your KMS/KAF administrator. See the Kaltura Video Editing Tools - Administrator Guide for more information. For KMC, the Editor is accessed seamlessly through the Advertisements tab in the Edit Entries display.
- You must be the owner or co-editor of the media to use Kaltura Video Editing Tools, or have permissions to create clips of media entries.
- For Kaltura Video Quizzes - Both the Quiz module and the Editor module must be enabled to use Kaltura Video Editing Tools to edit quizzes. See the Kaltura Video Editing Tools - Administrator Guide for more information.
- For Hotspots - The Hotspots module must be enabled.
Hotspots are available in Kaltura MediaSpace for Kaltura Player version 2.75 and later. Hotspots should be enabled by your administrator. Hotspots are "time-based" labels or comments with/without hyperlinks, displayed on top of the video while playing.
There are two ways to access the Video Editor window.
- Access the Media Entry Page.
- Choose Launch Editor from the ACTIONS drop down menu.
- Access the Edit Media page.
- Click the Launch Editor button.
The Video Editor window is displayed.
The Video Editor window displays the following navigation tabs:
Create and edit Interactive Video Quizzes (KMS/KAF only).
Trim or clip media, and chop and splice media.
|Hotspots Tab||Create hotspots on your entry.|
|Advertisements Tab||Set cue points for advertisements (KMC only).|
|Help Tab||Includes helpful tips and accessibility information.|
|Exit||Exit the Editor.|
Depending on the type of application you are using and the type of media you selected, the Video Editor window displays the relevant tabs.