The multi-stream entry consists of a parent entry and a child entry designed to view captured videos and/or slides in a single layout. This mechanism is powered by the dual-screen plugin integrated within the Kaltura player allowing the end-users to toggle between the viewing options. For additional information refer to Viewing Rich Media in the Kaltura Player.
By default, the download button is designed to download the video that is set as the parent file. Downloading the child entry is considered a known limitation and a feature request was submitted on this matter. As a workaround, we may temporarily add another file to the media and use the Content Selector to switch between the parent and the child files.
The Content Selector will adapt it's displaying according to the number of files that exist on the media. It will only appear in case of three files or more are available.
To download the secondary files in a multi-stream media, please follow the next steps:
- Access the Edit Media Page and click on the Timeline tab.
- Add a slide in the supported formats; PPT, PPTX, and PDF.
- Click "Save" and "View in Player".
- The Content Selector icon is now displayed. Click on the Content Selector icon and select different steam to view.
- Click on the download button to download the new parent entry.
- The secondary file is now downloaded.
- On the Timeline tab, select the excess slide and click "Delete Slide".