MediaSpace/KAF applications users can add YouTube video content and metadata into MediaSpace/KAF applications respectively.
YouTube content can be played on the Kaltura V2 player from version 2.13 and above. To update the player version, refer to How to Update the Kaltura Player to the Latest Version
Because the video itself still ‘resides’ on YouTube, a YouTube entry is treated differently in some ways from a native Kaltura entry.
What is supported?
- Basic and custom metadata
- Sunrise/sunset (scheduled publishing)
- Collaboration (changing owner, adding co-editor and co-publisher)
- Uploading a caption file to Kaltura entry / Requesting captions via REACHv2
- Replace Video (with new YouTube URL)
- Playback analytics
- Video Quiz
What is not supported?
- Kaltura REACH auto-captioning
- Change Thumbnail
- Enable download
- Viewer’s ability to enable/disable YouTube captions (these are the captions associated with the YouTube video)
- Timeline (Chapters and slides)
- Playback rate selector
Enable the Youtube module
The player uiconf to use for the YouTube entry preview when adding a new entry. Leave blank to use the default MediaSpace player.
The message to display when replacing a YouTube entry.