This article describes how to add media from YouTube and replace YouTube links. It also provides information on analytics for YouTube entries.
Adding content from YouTube requires the YouTube feature to be enabled on your partner. Please contact your administrator for enabling this capability.
- Select YouTube from the Add New drop down menu.
The YouTube page is displayed.
Enter the Video Page Link or the Content ID and click Preview.
To obtain the URL, right click on the video in YouTube and copy the URL. Only public YouTube videos are supported.
- Click Preview to edit the Youtube entry and enter metadata. Metadata includes the Name, Description and Tags.
Depending on how your account is set up, there could be additional metadata fields to fill. Some of which may be required for publishing.
- Click Save.
- Click Go to Media or Go to My Media.
You cannot add video presentations or YouTube media to playlists.
The 'Share' option (Email, Media Link, Embeds) is available for YouTube entries (like other entry types).
- In the Edit Media window, click the Replace Video tab. See Editing Entries - Replace Media.
- Enter the replacement video page link or Content ID and click Replace.
- A Confirmation message is displayed to ensure your choice.
- Go to My Media and click the pencil icon to edit the YouTube entry.
Videos that originate in YouTube (presented and linked to Kaltura through the YouTube module) now include the analytics pages, like other entry types. The analytics for these entries include metrics for engagement inside Kaltura MediaSpace and KAF applications only and are not aggregated with YouTube playback analytics.