This article describes how to replace media entries.
You can replace media, and retain the entry’s metadata, URL and analytics. The time-based metadata on the entry is kept in place, however it will likely be out of sync with the new media. The time-based metadata should be manually adjusted.
If the media is published in a moderated channel/category, media will be unpublished and moved to the pending moderation state. If the media is in an unmoderated channel/category, the media will still be published.
Media will be unpublished from a moderated location (channel/gallery/category) and will remain published otherwise.
- Access the Edit Media Page.
- Click on the Replace Media or Replace Video tab.
Replace Media screen displays.
- Click Choose a file to upload and follow the prompts. Replace Video screen displays.
- Type link or Content ID and click Replace.
- After the upload is complete, click Approve Replacement to approve, or Cancel Replacement to cancel.