This article describes how to publish media in MediaSpace.
By default, media that you upload is private. You can access private media on your My Media page. On your My Media page, you can grab the embed code of private media or publish it to make it public in MediaSpace.
Publishing media makes the media publicly accessible to MediaSpace users. You can publish media:
- In multiple categories and multiple channels
- Only when file conversion is complete, and the media is not waiting for moderation
If you cannot publish media, ask your MediaSpace administrator to give you the required permission.
To publish a media item
- On your My Media page, click the thumbnail or title of the media you want to publish. For multiple entries, check multiple media items.
- Select Publish from the Actions menu.
By default, uploaded media is not published.
- Select where you want to publish it to:
- Private - Media page will be visible to the content owner only.
- Unlisted - Media page will be visible to anyone with a link to the page.
- Published - Media page will be visible to individuals according to entitlements on published destinations.
- When publishing an entry, you can use the search box to find the desired media entry. Select Publish in Channel or Publish in Category Tab. Enter the search string (tag) to see where the media item is located. Results of the search are highlighted on the category tree for categories and the channels are listed as the search results.
- Select one or more categories or channels to which to publish.
- Click on Save to apply changes.
When hovering over the published icon, the relevant information for the entry is displayed.
- Click the thumbnail or title of the published media that you want to make private.
- In the Actions dropdown select Publish and then select Private.
- In the Confirm Unpublishing window, click Confirm to unpublish the media.
Private media is accessible only on the media owner's My Media page.