This article describes how to publish media in MediaSpace.
By default, media that you upload is private. You can access private media on your My Media page. On your My Media page, you can grab the embed code of private media or publish it to make it public in MediaSpace.
Publishing media makes the media publicly accessible to MediaSpace users. You can publish media:
- In multiple categories and multiple channels
- Only when file conversion is complete, and the media is not waiting for moderation
If you cannot publish media, ask your MediaSpace administrator to give you the required permission.
For published media on the My Media page, click the green Published button to see where the media is published.
Click again on the green Published button to close the pop up.
To publish a media item
From My Media Page
To publish one entry at a time (option 1):
- Click the thumbnail or title of the media you want to publish, then select Publish from the Actions menu.
To publish one entry at a time (option 2):
- Select a media item by checking the box next to the media item, then select Publish from the Actions menu.
To publish multiple entries at the same time:
- Select multiple media items by checking the boxes next to each, then select Publish from the Actions menu.
- Click on the Publish tab.
By default, uploaded media is not published.
- Select visibility of media:
- Private - Media page will be visible to the content owner only.
- Unlisted - Media page will be visible to anyone with a link to the page.
- Published - Media page will be visible to individuals according to entitlements on published destinations.
- Select Publish in Category or Publish in Channel tab. You can use the search box to find the desired category or channel. For Categories, results of the search are highlighted on the category tree; for Channels, channel results are listed. You can select one or more categories or channels to which to publish.
- Click on Save to apply changes. You are redirected to the My Media page.
- Click the thumbnail or title of the published media that you want to make private.
- In the Actions drop down select Publish and then select Private.
- Click Save. A confirmation window displays.
- Click OK to unpublish the media from all categories/channels. Click Cancel to cancel the action.
Private media is accessible only on the media owner's My Media page.
For information as an administrator, see Admin's Best Practices for Adding Entries to Categories.