Every organization has Webcasting administrators that are resposnsible for scheduling and managing Webcasting events. When you enable the liveSchedulingEnabled field, you should define the Webcasting Admininistrator(s). Each Webcasting Admin can see and edit all the organization's webcasts (not only their own webcasts). The Webcasting Admins defined in the Kwebcast module must have admin privileges for KMS.It's important to differentiate between the following permission types:
- Webcast Creators - Users who are allowed to create webcast events (defined under “liveBroadcasterRole” in Kwebcast admin settings). These users do not have access to the Kaltura Webcasting Calendar and can only edit webcasts they created (or that they are defined for as co-editors)
- Webcast Administrators - Users who are Webcasting admins (defined under “liveSchedulingEnabled” in Kwebcast admin settings) – Webcast Admins can see/edit all webcasts in the organization and have access to the Webcast Calendar view.
To set Webcasting Administrators
- Enable live scheduling by choosing "Yes" on the “liveBroadcasterRole” field.
- In the admins section, assign specific users that will have admin permissions to schedule events.
Click Select Users
Enter a user name. Only users that are available on your KMS/KAF instance that have admin permissions may be added. You can use the auto-complete function (from 3rd letter and on).
Click +Add admins to add additional admins.
Webcasting Admins Group Permissions
Users in the Webcasting Admins Group (admins that are defined in the Kwebcast Module) have the following permissions:
- Access to the My Calendar button
- Ability to view all Webcasting events in the system (past and future and all types of events)
- Editing or deleting any Webcasting event in the system. (including events not created by the current logged in user)
- Adding events to the system
Adding a User to the Webcasting Admins Group
When an admin is added to the in the Kwebcast Module admins section, they are automatically added to the Webcasting Admins Group.
Removing an Admin from the Webcasting Admins Group
When an admin is removed from the Kwebcast Module admin permissions, they are automatically removed from the Webcasting Admins Group and the admin will no longer have permission to view and edit all events.
Resources in the Kaltura Webcasting Calendar are mapped to capture locations and devices. Each location and capture device has a unique resource in Kaltura. To better understand how this works, you can imagine booking a conference room using Outlook. The room is defined as a resource and can be added to the calendar invite in order to reserve it. Similarly, a capture device is added as a resource to an event. Adding a resource to an event defines which capture device should be recorded at this time.
To upload a resources file
- In the manageResources field click Upload a resource definition file (.csv) The list should contain all available resources for recording, the device name, and the device location.
To view the resources that are currently defined in the system.