The node map is the main area of the Kaltura Interactive Videos editor. This is where you build out the structure of your interactive project. All projects begin with an empty start node that is ready to accept media.
As your project expands, the node map can be positioned to show different parts of the branching structure. You can zoom in and out using the slider in the upper left, and you can move to different areas of the project by clicking and dragging the node map itself.
Empty Node Tool
Empty nodes can be dragged onto the node map and act as placeholders as you build out your project structure.
Similar to video editing software, the node map has both pointer and marquee tools.
- Pointer: Use this to select single nodes or branches on the node map.
- Marquee: Click and drag over an area on the node map to select multiple nodes and branches.
- Edit: Select a node and choose “Edit” to bring up the node editor. Nodes can only be edited one at a time. Double-clicking on a node will provide the same functionality.
- Delete: Select a node and choose “Delete” to remove the node and any associated media from the node map. You can also select the node and press the delete key to achieve the same result.
Toggles the names above the nodes on the node map.
Toggles the display of paths between nodes on the node map.
Creating Your Project Structure
- Begin building out your project layout by clicking and dragging empty nodes onto the node map.
Pro Tip: It is helpful to name the nodes with intuitive names as you place them on the node map. You can edit the node name by clicking on it. This will save you time as you get deeper into the project build.
To create the paths of your video
- Hover over the right-hand side of each node and drag the arrow to the node or nodes it should connect to.
You can connect the node to any other node on the node map, even itself! You can also create multiple connections from one node. Every path you create will automatically add a hotspot to the origin node that can be easily styled and positioned within the node editor.
- Open the media library and drag your media onto the desired nodes.
- Double-click on a node to begin editing your hotspots (see Hotspot Editing).
If you already have your media, you can skip step one and drag the clips from the media library directly onto the node map. From there you can change the node names, and create the paths between the nodes.
Returning to the Composer
If you have exited the Composer/node map, there are two ways to return and continue to edit your interactive video.
- Click on the User menu and select “My Media. Select the Edit icon next to the Interactive Media project entry.
- From the Media Entry page, click on the Actions menu and select “Edit Interactive Video.”