Completing Your Recording
After you "stop" your recording you will be directed to the entry page. If you clicked stop by mistake, you can always click Cancel and you will be returned to your recording in a paused state. If you want to complete the recording, enter the following information and click save:
- Title of the recording
Select one of the following options:
- Delete to delete your entry.
- Save and Upload to upload to Kaltura MediaSpace or your KAF application.
- Save to save to your local Library only. You will be able to Upload at a later time from your media library.
- Start a new recording - you will be prompted with a confirmation that you indeed want to leave.
- Playback your recording.
When you Save a recording without uploading it, the Management window opens with the Edit tab and displays the options to Upload or Detete your media. You can also select Delete all uploaded to delete all uploaded media files from your local storage.
Click Upload. A pending status is displayed and a successful upload message appears when the upload is completed.
Saving and Uploading Your Recording
After you “Stop” recording, the following message is displayed.
The process of uploading your recording to MediaSpace or a KAF application is seamless.
The following message is displayed:
The final message that your recording was saved successfully is displayed.
All the recorded videos are stored locally in your Recordings directory. If you have not changed the Recordings directory during the installation, the default recording directory is C:ProgramFiles/KalturaCapture/Recordings.
Your recording is automatically uploaded to your Kaltura account (to the user specified in the “User ID” field in the Recording Details screen).
Upload is done in the background regardless of the user that is logged in. After you save your recording, you can start a new one or log off and the recording will continue to upload.
When you Click Here in the successful upload screen, you are automatically directed to your Kaltura Mediaspace or KAF instance.
Closing Kaltura Capture While There is an Upload Running in the Background
You may close the application in the midst of an upload.The following warning message will be displayed:
Select No to close the confirmation popup. Select Yes to quit and close the confirmation popup, exit the application, and stop the upload.
Viewing the Kaltura Capture Recording in MediaSpace and in KAF Applications
To view the Kaltura Capture Recording
- Click on the link that is displayed next to your media in the Management Window
or go to your MediaSpace or KAF instance and select My Media.
The Kaltura Personal Capture recorded media thumbnail is displayed.
- Click on the media and then press Play.
- Use the Kaltura Player’s rich media viewing options to take full advantage of the multiple interactive viewing options for your recording. See Viewing Rich Media in the Kaltura Player for more information.