Upload and Record
- Easy Video Uploading - Upload any type of media (video, audio, images, presentations) using a simple interface.
- Kaltura Express Capture - Use your webcam to record welcome messages, introductions, assignment instructions, and simple demonstrations.
- Kaltura Capture – Easily record the screen, along with audio, webcam feeds, or a presentation, to create and publish screen recordings. Instructors and students can record and share lectures, presentations, software tutorials, and additional screen recordings.
Publishing is the process of taking private content from My Media and publishing it to a Media Gallery or posting it in an inline text.
- My Media – Upload, manage, assign, and share content (based on permissions) with a private media library for each user.
- Course Gallery – Search or view rich media assigned to a course if you are a member. Media can be added by instructors or students, with an option for student contributions moderation by instructors.
- Rich-text editor integration: Intuitively use rich media without time-consuming training. Simply click on the Kaltura Embed Media button from within any rich-text editor in your application.
- Video Quiz – Use a the video quiz to enhance video engagement, connect to the grade book, or just to pause for thought.
View and Interact
- The Kaltura Player:
- Customize the player - Functionality, features and display
- Configure once, use everywhere - Mobile, tablet, PC , TV
- Open Standards , Open Source
- Files are transcoded for Web, HD, or Mobile Delivery across various devices and platforms. Player auto detects device and platform and adjusts the playback using adaptive bitrate technology
- Accessibility - Supports playback with ADA/508 compliant player
- Responsive Design: Automatically adjusts site layout to the screen size and device to provide optimal mobile device support
- Captions - Upload multi-lingual captions to reach international, multi-lingual, and hearing-impaired audiences while also enabling in-video search within the captions.
- Comments - Boost online conversations and user engagement by allowing users to comment on videos
- In-video search – Search for every spoken word in the captions, chapters, slides and more. Search results allow skipping directly to the relevant part in the video. In-video search available within an entry or across videos in the course gallery/my media gallery.
- Analytics – Faculty can view course-level reports for video engagement:
- Which videos are students watching the most?
- Which students contribute the most videos?
- Which students watch the most videos?
- How long are students watching each video?
Click here for information on all the Kaltura extensions.