The Kaltura Application Framework (KAF) LTI Integration offers an out-of-the-box extension that enables you to view, record, upload, publish, search, and share video directly from your LMS environment. This translates into time and money saved for your organization, improved student engagement, creativity and learning results, as well as ease of use for students, faculty and teaching assistants.
The Kaltura Application Framework (KAF) LTI Integration makes it easy to add the robust capabilities of Kaltura's open source online video platform to any LMS course.
Main Features and Tools
Upload and Record
- Easy Video Uploading - Upload any type of media (video, audio, images) using a simple interface.
- Capture Personal Recordings - Easily record yourself or capture your screen to create and publish media.
- YouTube - Add YouTube video content and metadata.
Organize and Publish
Publishing is the process of taking private content from My Media and publishing it to a Media Gallery or posting it in an inline text.
- My Media – Upload, manage, assign, and share content (based on permissions) with a private media library for each LMS user. (*This requires an additional integration installation.)
- Course Gallery – Search or view rich media assigned to a course if you are a member. Media can be added by instructors or students, with an option for student contributions moderation by instructors.
- Rich-text editor integration - Intuitively use rich media without time-consuming training, simply click on the “Embed Kaltura Media” link from within any rich-text editor in the LMS. Quickly find and embed videos based on metadata (name, description, tags). (*Depends on integration.)
View and Interact
- The Kaltura Player:
- Customize the player - functionality, features and display.
- Configure once use everywhere - mobile, tablet, PC, TV.
- Open Standards, Open Source.
- Files are transcoded for Web, HD, or Mobile Delivery across various devices and platforms. Player auto detects device and platform and adjusts the playback using adaptive bitrate technology.
- Playback supporting both Flash and HTML5 for mobile, with automated fall back.
- Accessibility - Supports playback with ADA/508 compliant player.
- Captions - Upload multi-lingual captions to reach international, multi-lingual, and hearing-impaired audiences while also enabling in-video search within the captions.
- Comments - Boost online conversations and user engagement by allowing users to comment on videos.
- In-video search – Upload captions and then search for every spoken word. Search results allow skipping directly to the relevant part in the video. In-video search available within an entry or across videos in the course gallery/my media gallery.
- Analytics – Faculty can view gallery-level reports for video engagement:
- Which videos are students watching the most?
- Which students contribute the most videos?
- Which students watch the most videos?
- Responsive Design: Automatically adjusts site layout to the screen size and device to provide optimal mobile device support.