This article describes how to work in the My Channels page in KMS and the Media Gallery in KAF.
Some channels are set up for you by your administrator and depend on your entitlements, some you can create yourself. For more information on Channel Management, see Kaltura MediaSpace Channels and Permissions Planning Guide.
My Channels include channels that may be set up for viewing and sharing media, depending on your entitlements. Channels in My Channels consist of:
- Channels I am a member of
- Channels I am subscribed to
- Share Repositories I am a member of
Viewing media in channels requires authentication. Depending on your permissions, you can view, contribute to, share, and administer channel contents.
To access the My Channels page in KMS
If you cannot access the My Channels page, ask your MediaSpace administrator to give you the required permission.
- Select My Channels from the User drop down menu. The My Channels page displays.
Each channel thumbnail has a clear indication of all the information related to the channel including the channel name, number of media items in the channel, number of people subscribed to the channel, and channel status.
- (Optional) Filter the content by clicking on Filters and choosing one of the following Channel Memberships:
- Shared Repositories
- (Optional) Sort the content by clicking on Sort By: <sorting_type> and choosing one of the following:
- Creation Date
- Alphabetically - A to Z
- Alphabetically - Z to A
- Members & Subscribers
- Media Count
- Click on a channel thumbnail to open a <channel_name> page.
Channel playlists are displayed on the Home tab by name and accompanying media thumbnails to identify the content therein. You can click on a thumbnail to access the Playlist Playback page and watch the media item.
- Click on the Media tab to display all the media items in the Channel.
The Media Gallery is a central location within each course where users can search or view rich media assigned to the course. Only users enrolled in that course will be able to view the media assigned to the course Media Gallery. Media can be added by managers, instructors, or users, with an option to moderate users' contributions.
To access the Media Gallery in KAF
If you cannot access the Media Gallery, ask your KAF administrator to give you the required permission.
- Navigate to the Media Gallery on your KAF instance. The Media Gallery menu item is located on the navigation bar within your course.
Media Gallery playlists are displayed on the Playlists tab by name and accompanying media thumbnails to identify the content therein. You can click on a thumbnail to access the Playlist Playback page and watch the media item.
- Click on the Media tab to display all the media items in the Media Gallery.
For more information, see Kaltura Media Gallery - Working in the Add Media Window.
To set the channel/Media Gallery display
In the Media tab of the <channel/media gallery_name> page, select an option:
(<channel_name> page is illustrated below.)
- Grid View (default view)
In Grid View, click the three dots on the lower right side of a media item to display additional options.Set as Channel Thumbnail: Only available for Channels. Sets this image as the thumbnail for the entire channel.
Add to Channel/Media Gallery playlist: Displays the Add to Playlist window. See here.
Remove from channel/Media Gallery: Removes media from the channel.
Edit: Displays the Edit Media page. See here.
- Detailed View
- Collapsed View