This article explains how to add an Expand button to enlarge a custom player in a web page.
Usually a player is displayed on a web page with many other elements.
Full screen mode allows the user to view only the player without being able to use any other part of the web page.
Enlarging the player enables easier viewing of the player while allowing the user to continue working in your web page.
Adding an Expand button to a custom player
You can add an Expand button to a player to enable a user to enlarge the player on the web page.
Note: In Kaltura MediaSpace, a standard player includes an Expand button. A custom player does not include an Expand button by default.
To add an Expand button to a custom player
- In the Kaltura Management Console (KMC), select the Studio tab.
- Highlight a player and select Edit from the Actions menu, or create a new player.
- In the Plugins section select UI Variables and click Import Plugin. For additional information see the Universal Studio Information Guide.
- Copy and paste the following line:
- Click Preview changes to view the Expand icon.
- Click Save Changes.
v2 HTML5 Player: