This article describes how to create and add media to a playlist in KMS.
If you cannot create or add media to a playlist, ask your MediaSpace administrator to give you the required permission.
- Access the My Playlists page and click Create Playlist button. The Create Playlist window displays.
- Type a Title (required), Description, and Tags for the playlist.
- Click Add. You are redirected to the Edit Playlist Details page. See Edit Playlist Details for information on using this page.
- Browse to a media's entry page that you want to add to a playlist, then start with step 2 below.
- Access the My Media page and check the box(es) to the left of at least one media you would like to add to the playlist.
- Select Add to Playlist from the ACTIONS drop down menu. Additional functionality displays.
- Click Create New Playlist, then type a name for the new playlist in the New Playlist Title field.
- Click Create. The newly created playlist is shown in the list.
- Click Add. A message displays that this playlist was created successfully and the user is given a link to edit the playlist.
- Click to choose a playlist from the list.
- After you have made your selection, click Add. A message displays that this media was added to the playlist.
From the Edit Playlist Details Page
- Access the Edit Playlist Details Page.
- Click Add to Playlist button.
The Library displays.
- In the Add Items to Your Playlist section, you may change the library. Select My Media or All Shared Content (equivalent to a global search in MediaSpace). Note that All Shared Content is not available in KAF.
- Type search criteria in the Search field and click Enter. In the example below, the user searched for the word "Tutorial".
- Click on the + button(s) next to the items you want to add to your playlist. Items selected display a check mark.
- Click Done. The selected media has now been added to the playlist.
See additional information on playlists as follows: