- Getting Started
- Your KMS Go Home Page
- Searching and Browsing Through Media
- KMS Go Search
- Media Channels
- Create and Upload
- Publish Media
- Get Inspired
- My Page: Your Personal Info and Settings
- Settings on Your iOS Devices
- KMS GO for iOS FAQs
Before you Begin
KMS Go is not accessible to native apps by default. Your KMS administrator must enable the KMS GO app and set it up before you can start using it.
Be certain that KMS Go has been enabled by your Kaltura MediaSpace administrator.
Download KMS Go
- Download the Kaltura MediaSpace Go app from the App Store.
- Click Open.
Figure 1 Kaltura MediaSpace Go on the App Store
Be certain to download the KMS Go app and not the legacy KMS App.
Login to KMS Go
- Enter your site’s address. Note that “https://“ is required to be entered before the site address.
- Select whether to use the app as a Guest, OR Login for a richer experience:
- Log In – Go to “My Page” by tapping the person icon on the top left on the Home Page.
- Tap LOGIN.
- Enter your credentials.
Figure 2 Enter Your Site Address
You might also want to check out the Kaltura demo site at the following URL:
Figure 3 LOGIN to “My Page”
The KMS Go homepage is initially displayed with the following:
- The “My Page” icon – Links to your personal area and app settings.
- App’s main gallery displayed
- Additional galleries
- App Bottom Navigation Bar:
- Home – returns you to the homepage.
- Inspire me - Fun way to get inspired and discover media based on a time frame.
- Search & Browse – Opens the KMS Go powerful search tool and browsing options. For more information, see Searching and Browsing Through Media.
Fig 4 – KMS Go Homepage
The homepage display depends on your KMS administrator’s configuration settings and may be reconfigured.
If you have KMS admin privileges, please see the Kaltura MediaSpace iOS Mobile Application Setup Instructions where, you can find customization details and instructions on how to set up KMS Go and reconfigure your homepage.
Your homepage may look different from the Kaltura KMS Go demo page.
Media Discovery and Interaction
Media discovery starts on your KMS Go home page. You can browse the gallery by swiping horizontally or tapping on a gallery name for vertical scrolling.
The following shows an example of the vertical display of selected media item on your gallery.
Figure 5 Vertical Display of a Gallery
While on the vertical view, media Quick Actions are available by swiping horizontally, either to the left or the right.
The Quick Actions that are available here are:
Downloading media (when allowed by your administrator), can be accessed and performed from a vertical view of a gallery or via a media page.
The downloaded media is displayed on your device as well as under the “My Downloads” section on your homepage.
- On the vertical gallery view, you can use the following Quick Actions:
- Swipe the selected media to the left.
- Click on the Download (cloud) icon.
- Abort downloading by tapping on the cloud icon (note that the icon now has an “x” in it).
- Media that was downloaded may be deleted from your device by tapping on the Download icon by using Quick Action swipe or on the Media Page.
Figure 6 Media Download Process
- You can also download media directly from the Media Page by tapping on the cloud icon on the top right corner.
Liking and Sharing Media
On the gallery vertical view, use Quick Actions and swipe the selected media to the right.
- Tap on the heart icon to Like.
- Tap on the share icon to Share.
- Select either Email or Copy (to copy the media link as seen on figure 10).
You can also like and share media from the media page. See Media Page for more information.
Commenting on Media
You can comment, reply and participate in a discussion about a media from the Media Page.
To comment on a media item
- Access the Media Page by tapping on the media thumbnail.
Figure 9 Media Page
- Tap on Comments and enter a comment.
Figure 10 Comments
- Click Post.
- To reply to an existing comment, tap “Reply”.
All media discovery and actions are subject to entitlements defined by your KMS admin. Your administrator may or may not have enabled commenting.
KMS Go offers a powerful unified keyword search.
The search can be performed on the following:
Figure 11 Search and Browse
Search Results Screen
The search results are presented in a magazine-style display. The “Matches” section contains media that are best fitted to your search criteria.
If there are channels that satisfy your search criteria, they are displayed as well.
Figure 12 Search Results
Sorting and Filtering through Search Matches
You can sort and filter your search results by clicking on the filter icon in the top right corner of the search results page.
Figure 13 Filtering Search Results
The search results can be sorted by:
- Most recent
You can select what types of media should be included in your search by choosing from
- All Media
You can specify whether to extend the search to the content of the media itself. The search can be extended to
To show how the rendered media is related to your query
If you would like to know why a certain media was returned in the search results:
- On the search results screen, long tap on the media thumbnail, then release.
- You will see your keyword highlighted in all the relevant data related to your media (according to your selected filters).
Figure 14 Why this Media Appeared in your Search
Saving a Search
Your search can be saved by clicking on the star near your keywords in the search window.
You can use the saved search later or un-save it by clicking on the blue star on the saved searches screen when it is no longer needed.
To access your saved KMS Go searches
- Tap on the magnifying glass in the main bottom navigation bar and then tap on the search field to access the saved searches screen.
Figure 15 Starred Saved Searches
Searching and browsing can be accessed by tapping on the magnifying glass icon on the bottom part of your main navigation bar. You can also use the search screen to browse through your channels (for logged-in users) and categories.
The Browsing menu that includes channels and categories is displayed below the search area.
SeeFigure 15 Saved Searches. .
Only logged in users can browse channels.
For additional information about channels vs categories, please refer to the article on the Knowledge Center Understanding Categories and Channels in Kaltura MediaSpace.
Every channel in KMS Go has a dedicated channel page, where you can see:
- all the media in the channel
- number of the channel’s members
- number of the channel’s subscribers
To access a channel page
- Tap on “Channels” from your browsing screen,
- tap on a specific channel from your search results.
Figure 16 – Channel Page
To see more detailed information about the channel
- Tap on the Information icon on the top right of the channel page.
You can see the:
- channel description
- list of categories this channel appears in
- list of channel managers
Figure 17 – Channel Info Page
Every media has its dedicated page.
In addition to the media itself, this Media Page contains the following information:
- media owner
- publish date
- number of views
- custom metadata
- number of comments
- number of likes
You can perform the following actions from this page:
- tap to play the video
- rotate the device to enter the full screen view
- download the media (for videos)
Figure 18 – Media Page
The Upload icon is located on the bottom of the KMS GO Home page.
Fig 19– Home Page
Use the Upload icon to add media from your existing photos, or to create media using your device's camera to upload to KMS Go.
To create/upload content
- Start from the Home page.
- Tap the Upload icon to begin the upload process. Depending on your configuration you may be required to login.
You can choose to Upload existing media from the device's Photos gallery, or to create media using your device's camera.
Figure 20– Select where to upload videos from
- Select where you want to upload media from.
- Tap on the video you want to upload and tap Choose.
The video is displayed in a new screen with the trim tool.
Figure 21– Trim Tools
- (Optional) You can select to trim the Media from either end or opt to continue uploading the video as is.
- Drag the anchor left or right, or on both ends, to trim. A preview of the trimmed video is displayed.
- Select Back to abort the entire uploading.
NOTE: After a video is trimmed, it is automatically saved in your gallery. The original video isn’t altered in any way, but instead a new video file is created.
- Tap Done to continue with the upload process.
- Enter a title for the media. Figure 22 - Enter a Title
You can always change the title later. Figure 23 -Video with Title
- Tap "Done" on the keyboard to dismiss the screen.
The Upload information page is displayed.
Figure 24 -Upload Infrormation Page
- You may choose to upload the video later by selecting I will upload later. A copy of your media will remain in your device gallery.
Figure 25 -Copy to device
or tap "Upload" to continue with the upload process.
- The upload progress bar is displayed.
Figure 26 -Upload Progress Bar
- You can cancel the upload by clicking on the x in the upper right corner of the media. A confirmation prompt is displayed. There is also an option to resume the upload if for any reason your upload was interrupted.
Figure 27 -Stop Upload
- Tap Yes to cancel the upload or tap Cancel (the stop upload) to continue with the upload.
The video should complete uploading.
Figure 28 - Upload Progress
A message is displayed when the upload is complete.
Figure 29 - Successful Upload Message
The uploaded video is now available for viewing depending on your publishing settings. You can easily find it in My Page in My Media.
You can add metadata or edit metadata for your media.
You can change the publish settings from the Edit Entry screen.
To add or edit metadata
- Tap on the video you want to edit. Editing requires the appropriate privileges.
- Tap on the Edit (Pencil) icon on the top of your screen.
- Tap the pencil icon(s) near each field to open the relevant field to modify. Scroll to the bottom to display all available fields to modify.
- Tap OK for each field you modify.
- Tap Enter.
- Tap UPDATE to update the information on the server.
You can edit the following:
- Publishing Settings –tap on the screen to edit the settings. See Publishing Settings.
- Other custom metadata that may appear on the page
To delete media
- Tap on the video you want to edit. Editing requires the appropriate privileges.
- Tap on the Edit (Pencil) icon on the top of your screen.
- Scoll to the bottom and tap Delete Media.
- Tap on the Pencil (Edit) icon on the top of your screen.
Figure 30 - Pencil Icon
- Scroll to the bottom to display all available fields to modify.
- Tap the Pencil icon near each field to open the relevant field to modify.
- Modify the title, or other fields and Tap Done on the Keyboard.
Type a Description, when finished typing, tap Done.
Figure 34 - Enter a Description
Start typing, then tap Return, notice that a tag was created. You can repeat for more tags, and use the "x" to delete tags. When you are finished, tap Done.
Figure 35 - Enter Tags
To Publish Media
Start from the Home page and then go to My Page.
Depending on your configuration, you may be required to login.
Figure 37 - Home Page
Figure 36 - My Page
Select the video you want to publish from your media.
Figure 37 - Media I Own
Note that the publishing settings are set to Private.
- Select the Pencil icon to enter Editing mode.
- In Edit mode, you will see the publishing options: Private, Unlisted, Public. Choose one of the options. The default publishing settings for the media are Private.
Choose Unlisted - This option copies the URL to a clipboad.
Figure 38 - Choose Unlisted
The following screen is displayed.
Figure 39 - Confirm Unlisted status
Click Update. Your media is now Unlisted. You can paste the URL from your clipboard and share the media link.
Figure 40 - Unlisted status updated
Public - visible on selected channels/categories.
The Public setting allows you to publish to channels or categories that you are permitted to publish to.
Note that some metadata is marked as required for publishing, or required for publishing in a shared repository in particular.
Choose Public - The Publish Settings screen is displayed.
There are two tabs in the Publishing Settings page: Publish in Channels and Publish in Categories. There's a blue underline to indicate which tab is active. You can publish media to multiple channels and categories.
By default, the Publish in Channels tab is active. Check the checkbox to select the channels/categories to publish to.
Note in the following screen, 2 channels have been selected. The counter for the total amount of channels or categories to publish to is located in parenthesis next to the Publish option on your screen,.
Figure 41 - Publish in Channels
In addition, tap the Publish in Categories tab and select the categories you want to publish to.
Note in the following screen, 2 categories have been selected in addition to the 2 channels inFfigure 41. The counter for the total amount of channels or categories to publish to is located in parenthesis next to the Publish option on your screen.
Figure 42 - Publish in Categories
You can also use the Find in channels/categories fields to search for a channel or category.
Figure 43 - Find in Channels
Figure 44 - Find in Categories
- Tap Publish. Note that the counter represents each publish selection (whether it be channel or category). A progress bar is displayed.
Figure 45 - Publish Counter and Confirm
Note that on your media page, the status is changed to Public.
Figure 46 - Publish status updated to Public
KMS Go “Get Inspired” is a fun way to discover media based on your available time.
You can access the Get Inspired section by clicking on the light bulb icon on the bottom navigation bar.
To discover videos
- Swipe to select the available time.
- Click Let’s Go.
Figure 47 Inspire Me Main Page
- Swipe to dismiss suggested media or tap on it to view.
Figure 48 Inspire Me Suggestions
Your unique profile page on KMS Go is referred to as My Page.
On your page, you can access all of your media and downloads and control your application settings.
If you haven’t logged in, you can do it here as well.
To access My Page
- Tap on the profile icon on the top navigation bar from KMS Go Homepage.
To view your KMS profile settings (from My Page)
- Click on the Settings icon in the upper right corner of My Page to access your Settings Page.
Figure 49 My Page
The Settings Page
The Settings Page includes the following.
- Application version
- Link to the open source documentation
- Play Media on Wifi Only - select your desired
- Download media on Wifi Only – select your desired setting.
Change Site Address
You may also have the option to change the site address, based on configuration created by your admin.
You may logout, and continue to browse in Guest mode.
Figure 50 Settings
In the App Setting section on your iOS device you can specify whether KMS GO should use cellular data.