You can change the class mode of your Live Room from Virtual Classroom to Webinar mode. Class modes help provide a live class experience better aligned with the instructor's intent.
Class Mode: Virtual Classroom
- Participants are prompted to turn on their devices when joining the live class. If they have already used a Kaltura Live Room, then their webcam and microphone devices are automatically initiated.
- When your participants’ devices are activated, they are automatically LIVE and added to the stage.
Class Mode: Webinar
- Participants are not prompted to turn on their devices when entering the live session.
- If your participants activate their devices by using the controls in the upper bar, then they are not automatically added to the stage. You can add them to the stage manually using the Live button in the participant list.
Change Room Mode
- Click Settings in the upper bar of your live room.
- Select Room Mode tab
- Select the room mode that you want to use:
- Virtual Classroom - participants are brought directly live on stage with webcams/microphone enabled.
- Webinar - participants are passive observers w/ webcam/microphone disabled, appearing only in participant list (Note, participants will be prompted to activate their devices to be on standby).
- Click Close
- Participants should raise their hands to be brought live on stage. Click the participant's LIVE button to make them live with their webcam and microphone.
💡The class mode you set is saved automatically and remains selected even after leaving the live class and returning later.