You can change the class mode of your Live Room from Virtual Classroom to Webinar mode. Class modes help provide a live class experience better aligned with the instructor's intent.
Class Mode: Virtual Classroom
- Participants are prompted to turn on their devices when joining the live class. If they have already used a Kaltura Live Room, then their webcam and microphone devices are automatically initiated.
- When your participants’ devices are activated, they are automatically added to the stage.
Class Mode: Webinar
- Participants are not prompted to turn on their devices when entering the live session.
- If your participants activate their devices by using the controls in the upper bar, then they are not automatically added to the stage. You can add them to the stage manually using the Live button in the participant list.
Change Class Modes (For Room Manager or Admin)
To change class modes
- Click the Settings gear in the upper bar of your live session.
- Select the class mode that you want to use:
- Virtual Classroom - participants are brought directly on stage with webcams/microphone enabled
- Webinar - participants are passive observers w/ webcam/microphone disabled, appearing only in participant list
- Click Close - your changes are automatically applied.
💡The class mode you set is saved automatically and remains selected even after leaving the live class and returning later.