This article describes how to publish media in KAF.
By default, media that you upload is private. You can access private media on My Media. On My Media, you can grab the embed code of private media or publish it to make it public in your Media Gallery.
Publishing media makes the media publicly accessible to users. You can publish media:
- In multiple Media Galleries
- Only when file conversion is complete and the media is not waiting for moderation
If you cannot publish media, ask your Kaltura Application administrator to give you the required permission.
For published media in My Media, click the green Published button to see where the media is published.
Click the green Published button again to close the pop up.
Media items in the My Media repository may be published and shared with galleries based on the user's entitlements. The content of the My Media repository is consistent across all Kaltura applications.
To publish one entry at a time (option 1):
- Click the thumbnail or title of the media you want to publish, then select Publish from the Actions menu.
To publish one entry at a time (option 2):
- Select a media item by checking the box next to the media item, then select Publish from the Actions menu.
To publish multiple entries at the same time:
- Select multiple media items by checking the boxes next to each, then select Publish from the Actions menu.
- Click on the Publish tab.
By default, uploaded media is not published.
- Select visibility of media:
- Private - Media page will be visible to the content owner only.
- Published - Media page will be visible to individuals according to entitlements on published destinations.
- You can select one or more galleries to which to publish.
If you want to publish to a Shared Repository, you must complete all the required fields and save the entry first. See the Edit button in the pop up above Publishing Status.
3. When you are finished, click Save.
From the Media Gallery
- On the Media Gallery, under the Media Tab, click the Add Media button.
- On this page, you can either publish existing content by checking the box(es) next to the media item(s) you want to publish, or you can upload a new media by using the ADD NEW button.
- When you are finished, click Publish.