Not only does the participant list let you know who has joined your session, but it also enables you to effectively moderate your live session.The participant list shows a live list of people currently in the live session. As an instructor/host/moderator you can use the participant list to manage your participants.
Display The Participant List
When the participant list is hidden, select Participants in the upper bar.
Add/Remove Participants From Stage
- To add or remove participants from the stage, click the Live button corresponding to each user in the participant list.
- The stage is where the broadcasting webcams and content display. In order to be seen and heard by class participants, you must be on stage.
- When the Live button is red the corresponding user is currently on stage. Click Live to remove them from the stage.
- When the Live button is white the corresponding user is not currently on stage. Click Live to add a participant to the stage.
Manage Participants' Webcams and Microphones
- As the instructor or moderator, you can enable or disable participants' devices.
- The devices are clickable when the participant has turned on their webcam and/or microphone.
- If the webcam and microphone buttons corresponding to a participant are not clickable, then the participant must first turn on their webcam & microphone.
Set Specific Participant Permissions
See the article Set Participant Permissions
to see how you can set your participants as moderators or give them specific permissions that enable them to: Share their screen, play shared files, draw on the whiteboard, or write notes.