Installing Kaltura Classroom
Kaltura Classroom includes two applications:
- Capture Application - for the classroom recording
- Upload Service - that runs on the background and uploads your recorded videos to Kaltura.
This guide explains how to install both applications.
- Kaltura V2 Player version 2.55 and later
- The Recscheduling module must be enabled in MediaSpace/KAF to schedule events. See the Kaltura Scheduling Administrator's Guide for additional information.
Running the Kaltura Classroom Installer
To run the Kaltura Classroom Installer
- Download the Kaltura Classroom application using the link provided by your Kaltura representative.
- Double click on KalturaClassroom_NNN.msi file
- Click “Next” on the Welcome Screen.
- (Optional) On the “Custom Setup” screen, right click to set the Authentication Settings.
- (Optional) Check the disk usage required for each feature, click “Disk Usage”.
- Click Next.
- On the “Settings” screen, fill in the following fields that are provided by your Kaltura representative.
App Token – enables secure upload to Kaltura
App Token ID – enables secure upload to Kaltura
Partner ID – You Kaltura Partner ID
Default User Id–The ID that is used to set the owner of the recording, if an owner is not assigned.
(Optional - only when Authentication is enabled) Enter the Authentication URL. The format should be:
A Sign in wondow is displayed on the homepage when you enter the application.
- (Optional) If you want to change the location of your stored recordings, enter the new location in the “Recordings Folder” field.
- (Optional) Click Validate to ensure that all your settings are valid.
- Click “Next” and then click "Install" to begin the installation.
- Click “Finish” on the final screen to complete.
The Kaltura Classroom software is installed.
Verify that Kaltura Classroom is Installed
To verify the Kaltura Classroom installation
- Double click on the Kaltura Classroom Application icon on your desktop.
The Kaltura Classroom Homepage is displayed.
That’s it- You can start recording.
See the Kaltura Lecture Capture User Guide for information on how to start recording.