You can create a simple iframe to embed the guest view of your virtual classroom on any website page.
- This article explains what you need to do to setup an iframe to embed your virtual classroom on any website page.
- This article does NOT review integrating your virtual classroom using API or LTI integrations. If you are interested in learning more about integrating this virtual classroom into your learning management system (LMS) or 3rd party portal, then please contact us directly at email@example.com - a support team member will be happy to discuss available options.
What is an iframe?
- An iframe (inline frame) is an HTML document that can be embedded inside another HTML document on a website.
- iframe's are typically used to embed multimedia content like YouTube videos into a web page.
- This is an example:
Why embed your virtual classroom or webinar?
- I prefer having my class participants join directly via the Invite Link.
- Joining through the direct link is easy and the virtual classroom automatically scales to fit each participant's window. With an iframe, the size of the virtual classroom is fixed for all participants regardless the size of their screen.
- Embedding your virtual classroom is still a very nice option. If you want to have your participants join your virtual classroom or webinar from your website/blog or from a specific website, then embedding your virtual classroom lets you set that up.
- Let's say you are running a public class or webinar as a promotional event to attract more students or you have a room available to customers to connect directly with your support team.
- You can create a landing page and embed your virtual classroom or webinar directly on that page.
- Instead of sending direct room links to your participants, they can go to your landing page to join the live session.
What you need to embed your virtual classroom or webinar?
- An account and an active virtual classroom
- Destination web page or blog that you are a webmaster or admin of
- Destination page or blog must have an SSL certificate (URL is in HTTPS).
Great, so let's generate your iframe
<iframe src="Virtual Classroom Link" allow="microphone; camera" width="Embed Width" height="Embed Height"></iframe>Copy the text and enter in your specific information.The bold text in the above iframe refers to the elements specific to your needs:
- Virtual Classroom Link - This is the invite link you use to invite people to join you. Checkout out Invite People To Join to see how to find your virtual classroom/webinar direct link.
- Embed Width - Enter in a whole number value. This number refers to the width of the embed in pixels. The minimum width of a virtual classroom is 1000 pixels. We do not suggest embedding anything small.
- Embed Height - Enter in a whole number value. This number refers to the height of the embed measured in pixels. We recommend starting at 640 pixels minimum for the height of your embed when the width is 1000 pixels.
Example virtual classroom iframe:
<iframe src="https://smart.newrow.com/#/room/cxa-968" allow="microphone; camera" width="1000" height="640"></iframe>