- Log in to the application Configuration Management window.
- Go to the Browseandembed module.
- In the enableNewBSEUI field, set the value to v3.
Before upgrading, you may want to check your v1 or v2 configuration and take a note of the players set in the uiConfId and BSEPlayerID fields and sizes under embedSizes.
- Display or Hide the Embed Settings icon. Set the EmbedSettingsButton. Select ‘Yes’ to display the Embed Settings button, allowing users to change the embed settings before embedding media. If not set, users will not have the option of changing the embed players or their sizes.
If you want to use the players that are used for My-Media and Media Gallery as the BSE player do the following:
- Set the EmbedSettingsButton to Hide. Media types other than ‘video’ will load with players set in the dedicated modules (e.g. audioEntry, imageEntry, Quiz, kwebcast).
- If left empty, the BSE Player will become the default.
- If the BSE Player is also empty, the KAF main player will be used.
If you want to set a dedicated player as the BSE player ( or for each media type):
a. Set the EmbedSettingsButton field to Show.
b. Navigate to the EmbedSettings section and click addEmbedSettings for each type of media you want to set with a dedicated player.
c. Enter values for the fields in the EmbedSettings section.
d. Be certain to provide a meaningful player name for the users to be able to understand what type of the player is being used. For example “with download button” or “transcript widget enabled”.
You can have some types of media that use the default, and other types of media that have more than one embed setting configured.
For more information see Setting a Dedicated Player for a Specific Media Type for MediaSpace and KAF Applications.
Enter the BSEPlayerID. You can use an existing player ID. Media types other than ‘video’ will load with players set in their dedicated modules (e.g. audioEntry, imageEntry, Quiz, kwebcast). If left empty, the BSE Player will become the default. If the BSE Player is also empty, the KAF main player will be used.
- (Optional for Assignments) - Configure the Assignment Submission Features.
This feature enables an additional pop up screen when selecting media in Browse, Search and Embed to verify if the user is submitting an assignment. If confirmed, the selected entry will be cloned under a different user name to prevent editing and deletion.
Determines the text that will appear on the pop up message when submitting an assignment. In case left empty, the default message will appear.
This sets the highest role level which will see the pop up upon selecting an entry in Browse, Search and Embed.
- Configure the EmbedSettings. The field in this section determine how many players and their respective sizes will be available for embedding media, per the type of media.
- Click +Add Embed Settings.
- Enter the playerDisplayName. In this example, "Player for Marketing".
- Enter the playerId. If the playerID is not set for an entry type in the BSE module, the default entry’s module playerID is used. If that module player is also empty, the main ‘BSEPlayerId’ for that type is used.
- Select the entryType.
- Select whether to set this player as the default player for this type of media.
- Select the embedSizes. Preconfigured sizes are set for you. In the above example, two sizes are checked. If you want to customize the player size, go to the next step.
- (Optional) Click +Add embedSize Custom and enter a value for the “width”x”height” in pixels to add a new embed size. If left empty, the default will be used.
- After configuring one or more embed players, click Save to save the module's configuration.
For example, you can configure multiple players, each with different dimensions. Each player may be configured for a specific type of media entry. The following screen displays two players have been configured for users.
The player named "Player for Marketing" has two sizes configured for embedding. (shown in the figure in Step 7.)
- Determine the display of the embed (whether the display is Auto Play or Thumbnail Embed. Either option should be toggled on/off by the user.
- Set as their default settings for the type of media they are embedding. ( Check the Default settings box to save as default).
Example of Autoplay
Example of Thumbnail Embed
Tip - Use this opportunity to update the players in the KMC studio to the latest player version.
Some LMSs do not support the thumbnail embed and auto-play features.