To configure the Annoto module, a MediaSpace administrator should login to the MediaSpace admin page (<MediaSpace site Url>/admin) and navigate to the Annoto module.
If the Annoto Module is not available, please contact your Kaltura representative to add the module to your Mediaspace instance.
- enabled - Enable/Disable the Annoto module.
- apiKey - Enter the API key provided byAnnoto. This is provided per Partner ID.
- ssoSecret– Single Sign-On secret matching the API Key provided by Annoto.
- privateDiscussions - Enables discussions to be private in the scope of Course/Category/Channel. If disabled, discussions on same video entries will be public across Courses/Categories/Channels.
- activatedByDefault - If enabled, by default Annoto is active on all the Videos for all Courses/Categories/Channels.
- activationEditAllowed - If enabled, Authorized Users will be able to activate/deactivate Annoto for specific Courses/Categories/Channels/Videos.
Annoto Activate/Deactivate Permissions
- activationEditAllowedRoles - Allows to select which roles/users/groups can activate/deactivate Annoto in Courses/Categories/Channels/Videos.
The dropdown has the following options:
- Specific Users
If a role is selected, any role above it is able to activate/deactivate Annoto.
Regardless of the role settings, only users that have access to Kaltura Entry/Channel/Category settings are authorized to activate/deactivate Annoto.
For more information on Roles and Permissions , see Kaltura Roles and Permmisions.
Activate/Deactivate Pemissions based on Users/Groups
To Authorize only specific users or groups to activate/deactivate Annoto
- Choose “Specific Users” in the activationEditAllowedRoles drop-down, and follow the following steps:
- After “Specific Users” is chosen a submenu is available for adding authorized users and/or groups.
- Click on “activationEditAllowedUsers” to add Users/Groups.
- Click on the “Select Users/Groups” to add Users/Groups to the list.
- Enter the user or group (when you start typing, autocomplete displays suggestions related to what you entered).
For example, here we can see Hen@annoto.net is currently the only one that can activate/deactivate Annoto, All other users will not have the option to Activate/Deactivate Annoto in Courses/Categories/Channels/Videos.
We suggest creating a Kaltura Users Group named for example “annoto_admins” and adding only this group to activationEditAllowedUsers list. For more information on groups see the article on Managing Groups from the MediaSpace or KAF Admin Console.
UX - User Experiences Preferences
- enableTabs- If enabled, the Annoto widget includes tabs on the side for quickly toggling between discussion and private notes.
- Position - Position of the discussion widget inside the player.
- enablePlayerPlugin - Enables the built-in Player Plugin. If disabled, annoto plugin would not be injected into the Kaltura player by the module. Allows using Kaltura player with custom (non-production) annoto plugin.
- playerPluginCDN - CDN host of the Annoto plugin assets (read-only).
- analyticsCDN - CDN host of the Annoto analytics assets (read-only).