In order for participants to be able to join or initiate Live Rooms as authenticated users, they must be added to a channel. For more information on how to create a channel, please see the video How To Create A Channel And Set Its Privacy Settings and How To Configure The Channels Module.
Adding Participants to A Channel
In order to add participants to a channel, a channel owner must:
- Login to your Mediapsace instance
- Select a channel you want to add users to
- Select Edit Channel
- Click Users
- Click Add Users
- Type user or group name
- Select the preferred channel role for that user or group and click Add
- Member - This permission allows the user to view channel content and Join a Live Room Meeting that has been launched by a Moderator/Manager as a participant in the live session
- Contributor - This permission level allows the user to not only view the channel content, but also add media to the channel. They can Join a Live Room Meeting that has been launched by by a Moderator/Manager as a participant in the live session
- Moderator - This permission level allows the user to view the channel content, add media to the channel, and moderate channel content. They can Start A Live Room Meeting as the main instructor of the live session
- Manager - This permission level allows the user to view the channel content, add media to the channel, moderate channel content, and access channel settings. They can Start A Live Room Meeting as the main instructor of the session
*For a more detailed understanding of what each channel permission allows, please check out the article Kaltura MediaSpace/Kaltura Application Framework (KAF) Roles and Permissions and the video How to Setup Members & Permissions in Galleries.