|This article provides a detailed description about viewing rich media in the Kaltura Player. If you are interested in recording content using Kaltura CaptureSpace, please refer to the Kaltura CaptureSpace User Manual.|
The Kaltura Player
The Kaltura Player is the front-end interface used to view captured videos and/or presentations from Kaltura CaptureSpace. The Kaltura Player provides you with multiple interactive viewing options, such as Picture-in-Picture, Side-by-Side, and other displays. The following screen displays the viewing options available in the Kaltura Player.
The following lists the Kaltura Player's interactive viewing options:
- Picture in Picture - Enables you to view the captured content, the presentation and the video, in a single player (Figure 1 Picture in Picture).
- Side by Side - Enables you to view the content in two equal parts of the screen, where the presentation and video are displayed side by side (Figure 2 Side by Side).
- Single View - Enables you to view the content captured in a specific stream, either presentation or video, in a single player (Figure 3 Single View).
- Toggle Views - Enables you to toggle between the presentation and the videos (Figure 4.1 and Figure 4.2 Toggle Options).
- Dual Stream for multiple videos - Enables you to view two concurrent streams such as the presenter, the classroom, or the presentation, that are taking place during the same event. You can choose to view them as Picture in Picture, or Side by Side. Regardless of the view you choose, both streams are synchronized to the same point in time.
Navigating the Video
The Kaltura Player’s navigation menu opens up the chapters and displays the slides for the Kaltura CaptureSpace recording.
Slides and Chapters
You can browse through the chapters and slides in the recording in the Navigation Panel. You can click on a chapter or slide to jump to that point in the recording.
Use the Search option to find specific content or specific slides in the presentation. Start typing in the text box and it will auto-complete your search term, making search faster and easier.
Dual Stream for Multiple Videos
Kaltura provides the ability to run 2 streams side by side (presentation or video as second screen). You can choose to view them as Picture in Picture, or Side by Side. Max of 2 videos streams playing together. If the cue-points are presented (presentation) only one video can play in parallel.
Only the main stream can include an audio file - the second stream is muted by default.
The following are current limitations for the dual stream player:
- IE7/IE8 are not supported. (including compatibility modes)
- Assumes all streams have the same audio track and the audio track is part of each stream
- Assumes captions files are added to all streams, not just the main stream
- Not supported on iPhone or Android
- Supports up to 5 connected streams (5 videos or 4 videos + slides)