Overview of the Kaltura Webcasting Calendar
The Kaltura Webcasting Calendar enables leveraging Kaltura's media management capabilities to view and schedule Kaltura Webcasting Events using capture devices at various locations. The Webcasting events are displayed in the calendar through Kaltura MediaSpace. Administrative staff who manage Webcasts for organizations can now view and schedule time for Webcasting Events. Each organization has developed its own system and process to schedule recordings, given the current deployed solutions and company culture. The Kaltura Webcasting Calendar offers a flexible configuration that can be customized per the organization's current and future needs.
Contact Kaltura a representative to learn more about Kaltura's open platform approach and partners collaborating with Kaltura on Kaltura Webcasting Calendar and other features.
Accessing the Webcasting Calendar
After the Kwebcast module has been enabled and configured with the relevant resources, and roles and admin permissions have been set, see the Kaltura Webcasting Administrator's Guide, administrative staff may access the Webcasting Calendar and begin to create and modify Webcasting events.
To access the Calendar View
Each date has aggregated information for day and week views.
The following information is displayed in the Webcasting Calendar:
- The number of events for the day
- The number of events during the Peak - the number refers to the maximum number of events that are occurring at the same time (highest amount of concurrency).
- The maximum number of anticipated viewers, This number is a forecast of the anticipated viewers for the peak time. An admin may enter the value when creating an event. The number is mainly used for bandwidth consideration since allocation of additional bandwidth may be needed.
- Click on the Previous and Next arrows to scroll to the Previous or Next day.
- Click on Today to return to the current day.
- Click on Jump To to open a monthly calendar.
- Click on the Previous or Next buttons to scroll to the month you are looking for.
- Click on the day in the monthly calendar to view the specific events for that day.
Adding and Editing Webcasting Events
After admin permissions are in place and all the setup for Webcasting is complete, admins can schedule and edit Webcast events through the Webcasting Calendar.
Create a Webcast Event
To Create an Event
- Click Add Webcast Event in the Webcast Calendar View. See Adding Events to the Webcasting Calendar.
Edit a Webcast Event
To Edit an Event
- Click on an event in the Calendar View.
- Click Edit Event.
The Edit Event Page is displayed. Continue to edit the event as described in Editing a Webcasting Event.