The supported languages for Kaltura Management Console (KMC), Kaltura MediaSpace (KMS) and Kaltura Application Framework (KAF) are as follows:
Kaltura Management Console (KMC) - Supported languages:
Kaltura MediaSpace and Kaltura Application Framework (KMS/KAF):
The following languages are maintained by Kaltura and are fully supported in KMS and KAF:
(Last update date: Oct. 2021)
- Spanish (ES)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
The following languages are available but not maintained on an ongoing basis:
- Italian (KMS/KAF, Last updated: 2021)
- French Canadian (KMS/KAF, Last updated: 2021)
- Korean (KMS only, Last updated: 2021)
- Arabic (KMS only)
- Catalan (KMS only)
- Danish (KMS only)
- Serbian (KMS only)
- Swedish (KMS/KAF)
Kaltura provides the capability for the Kaltura administrators to upload additional languages in KMS & KAF through the "Language" module.
For IVQ translations, please see the interactive video quizzes localization guide.
Changing the KMC language
KMC users can change the language by selecting the language of their choice from the drop down menu.
Changing Mediaspace Language
- Mediaspace users can change the language of their specific instance dynamically. When a language is changed, it is saved on a persistent cookie on that specific browser until it is deleted.
- Select the language of your choice from the user drop down menu. Note, there are 2 types of display possible:
- Administrators can create additional languages and customize existing languages. See Localization for KMS/KAF Administrators - How to Change Your Kaltura Application Language? for additional information.