Subscribe to Release Notes.Click on the Subscribe button to be notified via email of new releases of this product.
Click here to see the list of release notes
Kaltura Meetings Version: 1.3
Date Released: November 17, 2021
What's New in This Release
- SSO Login through Deep-Linking.
- Single Sign On (SSO) user login is now available. With the new schema, users can join or launch a session on the Kaltura Video Conferencing App with their SSO user credentials.
- To enter a session with their user, users have to first login to the hosting platform using their mobile web browser, then click on a link to the session.
- Users who don't have the Kaltura Video Conferencing App installed on their mobile device, will be prompted to install it upon clicking the link to the session. Alternatively, users will be able to enter the room web experience using their mobile web browser (not recommended).
- IFrame/ Embed: If the meeting rooms are being opened on your hosting platform in an IFrame or embed, SSO login is currently available only when logging in to the platform, then clicking on a Direct Room Link.
- Limitations and specific use cases:
- KMS GO: Currently meeting rooms are not supported in the KMS Go mobile app. We are working on an integration with KMS GO.
- Kaltura Media Space (KMS) and Kaltura Application Framework (KAF) Integration: Currently meeting rooms are not supported in KMS and KAF via mobile web browser. However, with this release, users who are logged in to KMS or KAF on their mobile web browser and click on a Direct Room Link, are able to enter the session with their SSO credentials. We are currently working on a direct deep-linking from KMS and KAF via mobile web browser.
- Customizable Terms & Conditions. Users can now view and need to approve a customized terms and conditions sheet. This feature applies only to Kaltura Meetings accounts that set and enabled terms and conditions. Contact your sales rep to learn more.
- Email and Name Retention. When a user is logging in as a guest, the app retains the inserted email and name, allowing the user to immediately join a meeting again.
- UI Improvements.
|KMEMI-292||Fixed an issue with indication of a participant role in the participants list.|
|KMEMI-308||Fixed an issue where a whiteboard was not being presented on the entire screen when in focus.|
|KMEMI-357||Fixed an issue where the exit (X) button wouldn't be displayed for the participant when a quick poll results are being shared.|
|KMEMI-362||Improved stability on webinar mode.|
|KMEMI-328||Fixed an issue where the arrow used to open a note would appear in the note itself.|
|KMEMI-347||Fixed an issue where an app user couldn't remove message from the chat.|
|Fixed issues where the chat stability and usability were occasionally impaired.|
What we didn't release yet
- Breakout rooms are not supported.
- “Click to talk” rooms are not supported.
- Most moderator functionalities are not available.
- Quizzes are not supported.
- Sharing screen and content from mobile is not supported.
- All of those are coming up soon - stay tuned!
Kaltura Meetings Version: 1.0
Date Released: August 19, 2021
- Join a room as a guest
- Lobby page
- Password protected rooms
- Send/receive video and audio
- Change device camera
- Change device audio input
- Deep linking
- Room chat
- Moderator chat
- 1:1 chat
- View participants list
- View and download notes
- View shared content (screen, image, doc, video, and youtube)
- Quick polls participation
- Recording indicator
- View Dial-in participants
- Breakout rooms are not supported
- Login as moderator / admin, viewing and launching rooms are not supported
- “Click to talk” rooms are not supported
- Moderator functionality is not supported
- A guest that will be set as moderator will only have additional access to the moderator chat
- Quizzes are not supported
- Sharing screen and content from mobile is not supported