This guide is intended for KMS and KAF administrators.
Activating Kaltura Capture in Kaltura MediaSpace (KMS) and Kaltura Application Framework (KAF)
Kaltura Capture is managed by KMS and KAF system administrators in the Admin area accessed from <Base_URL>/admin (e.g. https://videos.mediaspace.kaltura.com/admin).
After your Kaltura representative has added the Kalturacapture Module to your account, configure the Kalturacapture Module as follows:
To configure the Kalturacapture Module in KMS/KAF
- Login to Kaltura MediaSpace or the KAF Admin Console and go to the Configuration Management window.
- Scroll down and click the Kalturacapture Module in the Modules section.
The Kalturacapture Administration page is displayed.
- In the Enabled field, select Yes to enable the Kalturacapture Module.
- Enter values for the following fields:
Allow end users to download the Kaltura Capture dektop application from KMS/KAF.
Set the Add New menu label for Kaltura Capture.
Select roles or specific users that will be able to create Kaltura Captures. If a role is selected, any role above it will also be able to create media using Kaltura Capture.
What URL to show the user after the captured media is uploaded. Leave unchanged.
- Click Save.
Verify that you have Activated the Kaltura Capture
To verify Kaltura Capture installation
- Login to Kaltura MediaSpace or your KAF based application.
- Select Add New.
Kaltura Capture, or the chosen label name, should display as one of the Add New options.