The key features for Webcasting attendees include:
- Accessing the Webcast event from any device
- Submitting questions using the Q&A panel
- Swapping between video and slides to focus on whatever you are most interested in
- Viewing a recording of the event at a later time
To attend a Webcasting event
- Click on the link provided to you via email or calendar invitation to the event.
You can also click on the Webcasts page in MediaSpace to see which webcasting events are currently live.
The Event page will show the live event along with the Q&A panel.
During the Webcast event you may participate in a question and answer session. During the event, the moderator or presenter may choose to annouce information through the Q&A panel.
To ask a question question or send a message to the moderator or presenter during the live event
In the Q&A panel blue area, type in your message/question and click Send.
The message will appear below.
- If you would like to add information to the message, click the thread below and enter the additional information in the Reply text box.
The event moderator will respond to your questions. Your questions may be answered On-Air (by the presenter, over the video) or may be answered individually via text response.
To view the response to a question
- Once you receive a response to your message, you will see a blue dot indicating a new response is available.
- Click the thread to view all unread messages.
To hide the Q&A pane
- Click the X in between the Q&A pane and the event window.
- You can see if new announcement or responses were provided even when the Q&A panel is hidden or when viewing the webcast in full screen.
The numbers on top of the Q&A tab indicate the number of unread messages in the Q&A panel.
The Kaltura Player is equipped with different viewing modes. To select the viewing mode see Viewing Rich Media in the Kaltura Player.
At the end of each live event, a VOD of the event is saved in the same URL as the event invitation. To access the recorded event file, click the link provided at the bottom of the invitation message to the live event.