Usually, the KAF configuration uses the "ltiContextIdAttribute" LTI attribute to create the KMC channel and uses the 'context_id' value in order to name the channel in the KMC. KAF utilizes three different LTI attributes in order to pass certain information between systems - "context_title", "context_label", and "context_id". As can be seen from the names, each attribute represents a different piece of information related to the course (title, label, and ID). For more information, see Understanding the Kaltura Application Framework (KAF).
To change the LTI attribute
- Go to your KAF admin page
- Navigate to the Hosted module.
- Change "ltiContextIdAttribute" from context_id into context_title.
- Click Save.
Changing this attribute will make the Course Galleries empty since it will create a new KMC channel with the new course name. In order to resolve this, you may add the newly created channel as a category for all videos that have the old channel name for the same course.
How to do this as a batch process in the KMC
- Log into your KMC
- Go to Content > Entries
- Use the Filter Categories and filter by a course name - Select Moodle Root Category > site > channels > select a course (check only one course name) > now all entries of the Course Gallery should appear.
- Check all entries
- Click on Bulk Actions > Add/Remove Categories > Add to Categories > Select the path to the ID-based course channel.