Kaltura uses a wildcard domain name for all MediaSpace SaaS instances. By default the domain name is [partner id].mediaspace.kaltura.com. The process described here also applies to assigning a custom domain name for a KAF instance.
If you want to use a more informative URL, please contact your Kaltura representative to assign a more meaningful alias for your MediaSpace instance, for example: [company name].mediaspace.kaltura.com.
If you want to use your own domain name, for example, videos.company.com, Kaltura's MediaSpace SaaS environment supports CNAME records, allowing your end-users to browse for your domain, while behind the scenes accessing the MediaSpace instance and URL assigned in our SaaS environment.
- Have your IT department or web host provider configure a CNAME DNS record to point to your Kaltura MediaSpace SaaS instance: [partner id].mediaspace.kaltura.com.
- Contact your Kaltura representative and provide them with your partner ID and your own URL that was configured, as we will need to assign your domain as an additional alias to your MediaSpace instance.
Include the following files:
- The private key file (.key extension) to apply to SSLCertificateKeyFile
- The intermediate certificate file to apply to SSLCertificateChainFile
- The domain certificate (for example videos.customer.com.crt) to apply SSLCertificateFile
If you cannot send us the private key due to organizational security reasons, please provide us with the following information:
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name, or URL, you are securing.
- If you are requesting a Wildcard certificate, add an asterisk (*) to the left of the common name where you want the wildcard, for example *.coolexample.com.
- Organization: The legally-registered name for your business. If you are enrolling as an individual, enter the certificate requestor's name.
- Organization Unit: If applicable, enter the DBA (doing business as) name.
- City or Locality: Name of the city where your organization is registered/located. Do not abbreviate.
- State or Province: Name of the state or province where your organization is located. Do not abbreviate.
- Country: The two-letter International Organization for Standardization (ISO) format country code for where your organization is legally registered.
Kaltura will create and provide the CSR.
The PEM format is the most common format that Certificate Authorities issue certificates in. PEM certificates usually have extentions such as .pem, .crt, .cer, and .key. They are Base64 encoded ASCII files and contain "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" statements.