Kaltura uses a wildcard domain name for all MediaSpace and KAF SaaS instances. By default the domain name
for MediaSpace is: [partner ID].mediaspace.kaltura.com
for KAF applications is: [partner ID].kaf.kaltura.com
The process described here also applies to assigning a custom domain name for a KAF instance.
Please contact your Kaltura representative to assign a more meaningful alias for your MediaSpace instance, for example: [company name].mediaspace.kaltura.com
If you want to use your own domain name, for example, videos.company.com, Kaltura's MediaSpace and KAF SaaS environments supports CNAME records, allowing your end-users to browse for your domain, while behind the scenes accessing the MediaSpace or KAF instance and URL assigned in our SaaS environment.
As KAF is under a separate domain, cookies are considered 3rd party. If you have encountered error messages in your LMS integration, please see How to avoid the "3rd party cookie" error message in the KAF based LMS Integrations for more information on how to set up sub domains.
- Have your IT department or web host provider configure a CNAME DNS record to point to your Kaltura MediaSpace SaaS instance: [partner ID].mediaspace.kaltura.com, or KAF instance actually [partner ID].kaf.kaltura.com
- Contact your Kaltura representative and provide them with your partner ID and your own URL that was configured, as we will need to assign your domain as an additional alias to your MediaSpace or KAF instance.
Include the following files:
- The private key file (.key extension) to apply to SSLCertificateKeyFile
- The intermediate certificate file to apply to SSLCertificateChainFile
- The domain certificate (for example videos.customer.com.crt) to apply SSLCertificateFile
If you cannot send us the private key due to organizational security reasons, please provide us with the following information:
- Common Name: The fully-qualified domain name, or URL, you are securing.
- Organization: The legally-registered name for your business. If you are enrolling as an individual, enter the certificate requestor's name.
- Organization Unit: If applicable, enter the DBA (doing business as) name.
- City or Locality: Name of the city where your organization is registered/located. Do not abbreviate.
- State or Province: Name of the state or province where your organization is located. Do not abbreviate.
- Country: The two-letter International Organization for Standardization (ISO) format country code for where your organization is legally registered.
Kaltura will create and provide the CSR.
The PEM format is the most common format that Certificate Authorities issue certificates in. PEM certificates usually have extensions such as .pem, .crt, .cer, and .key. They are Base64 encoded ASCII files and contain "-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----" and "-----END CERTIFICATE-----" statements.