Working with the Geo Location Dashboard
The Geo Location dashboard presents the ranking of the geographical distribution of your users, whether by plays, views, or drop-off rate. You can identify where your most active users come from. To learn more about the Geo Location dashboard, see Geo Location Dashboard.
You can use advanced filtering to dive deeper into the data and learn more about Geo Location trends in your account. In this article, you can review:
- How to change the time frame for the dashboard
- How to filter the data
- How to export reports to a CSV file
The filters are automatically applied to all elements of the dashboard.
Use the date picker at the top of the dashboard to change the timeframe and view data across different periods. You can select preset time periods or choose specific dates.
Preset Time Periods
Preset time periods are a quick way of looking at recent data, such as the last week or the last month. You can also select time periods such as current year or quarter.
Selecting a Custom Timeframe
To select a custom timeframe
- Click on the date picker and choose the Specific Date Range tab.
- Navigate to the first date of the timeframe and click on the date in the calendar.
- Navigate to the last date of the timeframe and click on the date in the calendar. The timeframe will appear marked on the calendar.
- Click Apply to view the dashboard data for the selected custom time period.
You can filter the data in the dashboard based on additional dimensions such as the categories and tags.
To filter the dashboard data based on a specific parameter
- Click on the Filter option to open the Filters pane.
- Fill in the relevant filters you would like to use.
- Click Apply to show the filtered data in the dashboard.
The filtering options are:
- Tags - the tags on the contributed content
- Categories - click Select Categories to select from the list of categories.
- Country - location where the created video was viewed
All analytics tabs have the option to Export to a CSV.
Click Export to open the drop down list with the following options: (One or more options may be selected.)
- Countries - export top layer of countries
- Regions - export all regions (not filtered on specific country) - the parent country for each region is displayed in the report
- Cities - export all cities (not filtered on specific country) - the parent country for each region is displayed in the report
A notification is sent about the export request status. If the data in the report was filtered, the report is based on the filter applied. You will be notified that your export request is being processed and will be emailed to you when completed. Note that export is limited by number of records and time to execute. If you receive an error, break down your report to smaller time frames or use filters to reduce the size of the report.
Note: The files expire in 7 days.