Failed transcoded jobs are not counted, even if the failure was due to a corrupted source file (which may have been uploaded by the user) or due to a Kaltura transcoding malfunction.
- A partner is uploading 10GB of source for transcoding.
- Transcoding is done on the 10GB and outputs with 7 flavors of total 25GB (including the source).
- Transcoding Usage will be 15GB (25GB - 10GB of source files)
A more complex example may be as follows:
- A partner is uploading 10GB of source for transcoding as well as 2GB of ready-made flavors (not for transcoding).
- Transcoding is done on the 10GB and outputs with 7 flavors. The total storage is 27GB.
- The partner then deletes 1GB of flavors.
- The total storage for this partner is 26GB.
- Transcoding Usage in this case is 15GB (27GB – 2GB – 10GB).
- All the deleted flavors and the ready-made flavors do not impact the transcoding usage.