This article describes how to define scheduling rules in My Media.
This feature must be enabled by your Administrator through the Scheduling module in the KMS admin console.
Add a Publishing Schedule to media to establish publishing start time and end time.
- Access the Edit Media Page.
- Click on the Details tab.
- Click Specific Time Frame radio button. (The default is that content is always available.)
- Choose a start time (date and hour).
- Choose an end time (date and hour). The default is "no end time".
- Choose a time zone.
Entries in which Scheduling was set outside of your KAF configuration (the time zone is not specified on the entry) will show Scheduling in the user's local time zone, per the current Scheduling functionality. Entries in which Scheduling was set in KAF configuration (the time zone is specified on the entry) will show Scheduling in the time zone specified by the user who set the Scheduling.
- Click Save.
You can then publish the entry to channels and categories. The entry will only be visible to you or other users, only between the scheduling start time and end time. Only the entry owner can see the entry in My Media.
You can filter entries from different availabilities in the My Media Page as follows:
- All availabilities - all entries, regardless of their scheduling window
- Future Scheduling - entries with scheduling start time in the future. These entries will be seen in categories/channels in the future.
- Past Scheduling - entries with scheduling start time in the past. These entries were seen in categories/channels in the past and are no longer available.
See Filtering Media for more information.
- A scheduled entry can be published but won't appear in the category/channel until the scheduling window will start.
- A scheduled entry can be added to a playlist but won't appear in the playlist until the scheduling window will start.
- A scheduled entry can be set as unlisted shared but won't be able to be seen by anyone but the owner, until the scheduling window will start.