If you have problems connecting your microphone or headset, and don't see your device appear in the system settings ⚙️, here are a few things to try.
Double Check Physical Connection
Check your Computer Settings
If you do not see your microphone or headset appear in your computer settings, that means the virtual classroom will not be able to access them.
Check Windows 10 Microphone Options
1. Head to Settings > Privacy > Microphone.
2. Check that it says “Microphone access for this device is on” at the top of the window.
3. If Windows says microphone access is off, click the “Change” button and set it to “On.”
4. If access is off, Windows and all applications on your system can’t access audio from your microphone.
1. Head to System Settings > Sound.
2. Click INPUT tab. Make sure your microphone of choice is selected.
3. Click OUTPUT tab. Make sure your device of choice is selected.
4. If you don't see your device, it's either not properly connected or not being read by your computer.
USB vs Auxiliary Microphone?
- Macs strictly support USB microphones.
- A PC offers the option of connecting an auxiliary microphone or a USB microphone.*
Update or Install Audio Drivers
- Go to the website of your computer's website
- Install the latest sound drivers available