This article explains how to Mute All participants and breaks down the device hierarchy regarding participant and Room Moderator/Instructor
- When participants enable devices when joining a live session, they are allowing the broadcasting of their webcam and microphone. Instructors/moderators can block access of their devices.
- When participants disable devices when joining a live session, the Room Manager/Moderator cannot force them on to be seen or heard. Participants own their devices.
- Instructors/Moderators can Mute All webcams or microphones of participants in the live session.
The room can be configured to work in one of two "Mute-All" modes under Settings - Room Mode.
- In "Strong Mute-All" mode, only moderators can mute all the participants, and when muted by a moderator, users cannot unmute themselves before being unmuted by a moderator first.
- In "Standard Mute-All" mode, moderators, as well as other users (depending on room's settings) can use the "Mute-All" button in the participants list to mute everyone but themselves. Muted users can immediately unmute themselves after being muted.
Mute/Moderate With Quick Controls
Mute All Webcams/Mute All Microphones - Hard Mute-All Mode
- Click on the Mute All Webcams or Mute All Microphones icon in the participant list.
- To unmute, click the Mute All webcams or Mute All microphones icon again.
Devices Hierarchy - Hard Mute-All Mode
When Participants Enable Devices
💡The participant can click the Raise Hand icon to get the Room Manager's attention that they want to speak and request to be unmuted.
When Participants Disable Devices
Mute Whiteboards/Mute Room Chat
- Click on the Disable Whiteboard or Disable Chat icon in the participant list.
- Click on the Disable Whiteboard or Disable Chat icon again to enable them.
- Click the drop down menu next to their name.
- Click More Permissions under the individual participant's name.
- Click Draw On Whiteboard or Room Chat.