This article explains how to Mute All participants and breaks down the device hierarchy regarding participant and Room Manager/Instructor
- When participants enable devices when joining a live session, they are allowing the broadcasting of their webcam and microphone. Instructors/moderators can block access of their devices.
- When participants disable devices when joining a live session, the Room Manager/Moderator cannot force them on to be seen or heard. Participants own their devices.
- Instructors/Moderators can Mute All webcams or microphones of participants in the live session.
When Participants Enable Devices
💡The participant can click the Raise Hand icon to get the Room Manager's attention that they want to speak and request to be unmuted.
When Participants Disable Devices
- If an Instructor/Moderator wants to mute all microphones or webcams, they simply click on the webcam or microphone icon next to Mute All in the participant list.
- When an Instructor/Moderator wishes un-Mute All webcams or microphones, they simply click on the webcam or microphone icon again.
- An Instructor/Moderator can manually unmute individual participants by simply clicking on the camera icon under that participants name.
💡When an Instructor/Moderator clicks Mute All, they are muting the devices of all participants in the live session, including their own and fellow instructor/moderators.