Upload and play presentations and PDF's along with audio files to play audio files corresponding to specific slides and pages.
Prepare and Upload Your Files
Instead you will need to create a CSV file that defines which audio files correspond to specific slides in your presentation or PDF. You'll then need to take that CSV, related audio files, and presentation and zip them.
Prepare Your CSV File
- Create a new spreadsheet.
- In row 1, column A enter the name of the column: mp3.
- In row 1, column B enter in the name of the column: page.
- In each subsequent row enter:
- In column A, enter the exact name of the mp3 file. For example: lesson1audio.mp3
- In column B, enter the number of the slide that the specific audio file corresponds to
- When done, save the spreadsheet as a CSV: mp3relations.csv
Zip Your Files
- Select the related files:
- Presentation or PDF
- Related MP3 audio files
- Corresponding mp3relations.csv CSV you created
- Zip them.
- Name the Zip file the same name as the presentation or PDF.
For example, if the presentation or PDF were called lesson1presentation.pptx then name the Zip file lesson1presentation.zip
Upload Your Zip File To Kaltura
- Sign into Kaltura MediaSpace.
- Enter your Live room/course.
- From the course directory, click Files.
- Click on the folder named Playlists to open the Playlists folder.
*Don't see it? Then this feature isn't fully enabled for you, yet. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a playlist by clicking the Create New Folder button or just open up an existing playlist folder.
- Once within the playlist folder, click the icon called Add Audio Slides.
- Select the Zip file with your presentation, audio files, and CSV.
Play Your Presentation Embedded Audio Files
- Join your Kaltura virtual classroom.
- Click on Files.
- Select Courses in the file path.
- Select the folder name Playlists.
- Click the name of the playlist your previously created (see Upload Your Zip File To Kaltura above).
- Select the presentation you uploaded.
- Click Play.
- From the slide tray, select the slide that has embedded audio. When the slide is selected, you will see all related embedded audio files.
- Click the audio file you want to play for your participants.