This article lists the Kaltura Meetings system requirements for version NR2.
Please be certain your system requirements and devices are up to date to ensure you have the optimal experience. For version NR1, please see Kaltura Meetings Recommended System Requirements.
Kaltura Meetings System Requirements
- Internet connection - broadband wired or wireless (3G, 4G, or 5G)
- Speakers and microphone* – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- Webcam* - built-in, USB plug-in
* Webcam and microphone are only required for those speaking and broadcasting video.
- Windows 10 or Windows 8.1
- For best experience use the latest Chrome web browser or Firefox, Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based only, version 79 and up)
- Computer or laptop with Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that is SSE2 capable and 512 MB of RAM, or a Surface Pro 2 or Surface PRO 3.
- Additional browser support is planned for future releases.
- Mac OS X, macOS 10.9 or later.
- Intel processor 64-bit and 512 MB of RAM.
- For best experience use the latest Chrome web browser or Firefox, Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based only, version 79 and up).
- When using the Safari web browser, you are required to install the desktop client. For additional information, please see Kaltura Meetings Desktop Client for Mac.
Kaltura Meetings work directly through the Chrome browser on laptops and tablets utilizing Chrome OS (Chromebooks).
- 2GB Ram
To use Kaltura Meetings on iOS devices use the Safari web browser.
To use Kaltura Meetings on Android devices use the Google Chrome web browser.
- Devices settings - In web browsers site settings menu allow access to your microphone and webcam
- Screen Sharing - Under system preferences' "security & Privacy" settings allow screen sharing sometimes referred to as "screen recording"
- Cookies - Cookies must be enabled in order to use the Kaltura Meetings web platform. Third-party cookies should also be enabled to allow access to rooms running on inline frames ( <iframe> ).
- Participate with webcam and microphone: 2 Mbps upload, 2 Mbps download
- Participate with microphone: 1.5 Mbps upload, 2 Mbps download
- Participate without webcam or microphone: 1 Mbps upload, 2 Mbps download
Network & Firewall
- UDP communication through ports 80 and 443
- TCP and TCP/TLS communication through port 443
- TURN protocol messages should not be blocked
It is also recommended to whitelist the following domains: