Login to your Canvas account.
- Go to "My Media". My Media will most likely be located in your dashboard under "Site Home".
- Click “Add New”.
- Select “Media Upload”.
- Choose the file you want to upload and complete the upload process.
- Go to your media page.
- Click on the “Actions” menu and select Edit.
- Add a "training" tag via the "Details" tab.
- Change the entry’s thumbnail by grabbing a frame from the video itself.
- Add an attachment.
Publish to a Course
- Go to the course in which you want to publish a video.
- Click on "Add Activity or Resource".
- Select “Kaltura Video Resource”.
- Fill in the section's Name and add a video from the "Video" section using the "Add Media" button.
- Select an entry from the list - you can choose from your My Media, Media Gallery and Shared Repositories".
- Click “Embed”. You can choose the embed settings by clicking "Embed settings".
- Click Save.
How to Create a Course Playlist
- Go to the “Kaltura Media Gallery” tab. The Kaltura Media Gallery tab will most likely be located under the "Current Course" dashboard.
- Click on “Channel actions” and then select "Edit".
- In the Playlist tab click "Create new" > "Manual Playlist".
- Name the Playlist, add a Description and add the media.
- Save the playlist.
Publish in Context
- Go to any course and add a new content page (announcement, assignment, etc.).
- In the rich text editor of the content page click "Kaltura Media".
- Select an entry from the list. You can choose from your My Media, Media Gallery and Shared Repositories"
- Click “Embed” . You can choose the embed settings by clicking "Embed settings".
- Click Save.