By default, media that you upload is private. You can access private media on your My Media page. On your My Media page, you can grab the embed code of private media or publish it to make it public in your Media Gallery.
Publishing media makes the media publicly accessible to users. You can publish media:
- In multiple channels/Media Galleries
- Only when file conversion is complete and the media is not waiting for moderation
If you cannot publish media, ask your Kaltura Application administrator to give you the required permission.
Publishing Media from the My Media Page
Media items in the My Media repository may be published and shared with galleries and channels based on the user's entitlements. The content of the My Media repository is consistent across all Kaltura applications.
To publish a media item or multiple media items from My Media
- Select.a media item. For multiple entries, check multiple media items. By default, uploaded media is not published.
- Select Publish from the Actions drop down menu.
Select where you want to publish it to.
Unlisted - Media page will be visible to anyone with a link to the page.
Published - Media page will be visible to individuals according to entitlements on published destinations.
- Complete all the required fields and save the entry before you can select to publish it to shared repositories.
- Click Save.
Publishing Media from the Media Gallery
To publish a media item from the Media Gallery
When publishing an entry, you can use the search box to find the desired media entry. Enter the search string (tag) to see where the media item is located.
- Go to the Media Gallery.
- Choose the "Add New" option.
- On the Add New Media page, check the box next to the media you want to publish. For multiple entries, check multiple media items. By default, uploaded media is not published.
- Click Publish.