Content may be shared outside of the Blackboard Learn environment in either one of the following ways:
- Grabbing a Player Embed Code: Users can grab the HTML code of a video player for a specific entry and then copy-paste it into an HTML page outside of Blackboard Learn.
- Using a Deep Link to a Mashup Item: A deep link URL allows you to share a Mashup item outside of the Blackboard Learn environment while enforcing entitlement restriction on the Mashup item. When the URL is clicked outside of Blackboard Learn, a user will be prompted to log in to Blackboard Learn to view the content.
Grabbing a Player Embed Code
Users can grab a player embed code of video entries and embed them in HTML pages outside Blackboard Learn.
To grab the player embed code for an entry
- In My Media or Media Gallery, open a media by clicking its thumbnail.
- Click the Share tab. The Embed option is displayed.
- Select the Embed Type:
- Iframe – uses an <iframe> HTML element
4. Select the Player Skin and Player Size.
5. Select the code from the top text box and copy it to your clipboard.
After a player embed code is embedded in a page outside of Blackboard Learn, the entry is publicly accessible to anyone with access to that page. A system administrator can configure who should be able to share and grab an embed code in the KAF Admin Console.
Creating a Deep Link to a Mashup Item
A deep link is used to create a secure link to embed content from Blackboard.
To create deep link to a Kaltura Mashup item
- Follow the instructions for embedding a Kaltura Mashup item.
- After the item is submitted, click Deep Link.
- A Deep Link URL is displayed.
- Copy the URL and embed it in your page or application.
When a user clicks the link outside of Blackboard Learn, a login page is presented before access to the entry is granted.