Overview of the Kaltura Video Extension for Microsoft Teams
The Kaltura Video Extension for Microsoft Teams allows end-users to make video a major component of their collaboration. The Kaltura Video Extension for Teams allows you to: seamlessly create and share videos as a way to capture and share knowledge, watch company webcasts, build a video gallery that showcases content to create a sense of teamwork and ownership, create playlists, make videos searchable and social, and reuse videos beyond Teams in other applications (CMS, LMS, corporate video portals, etc.). The video content is accessible, trackable, and discoverable.
Kaltura’s Video Extension for Microsoft Teams simplifies adding the robust capabilities of Kaltura's online video platform to any Microsoft Teams site. The package was developed specifically for Teams and integrates with other features and modules so that users can upload and embed media easily.
Hosting and Deployment Options
Kaltura offers the most flexible deployment options in the industry. Kaltura’s Video Extension for Microsoft Teams seamlessly integrates the Kaltura Video Platform on a Microsoft Teams (part of Office 365 suite) cloud implementation.
More specifically, the rich-media content, its metadata as well as the specific publishing settings and usage information that are stored in the Kaltura system, can be hosted by Kaltura (Kaltura SaaS), with no need for a CDN relationship or video streaming solution. In addition, Kaltura’s open architecture allows you to integrate with any third party CDN or eCDN.
Main Features and Tools
Upload and Record
- Easy Video Uploading - Upload any type of media (video, audio, images,) using a simple interface.
- Capture Personal Recordings – easily record yourself and capture your screen, PowerPoint, to create and publish media, including
- YouTube - Add YouTube video content and metadata.
Organize and Publish - Publishing is the process of taking private content from My Media and publishing it to a Media Gallery or posting it in an inline text.
- My Media – Upload, manage, assign, and share content (based on permissions) with a private media library for each Teams user.
- Media Gallery – Search or view rich media assigned to a site or sub-site if you are a member. Media can be added by users, with an option for contribution’s moderation.
View and Interact
- Join webcasting and live events
- Edit videos, including trimming, clipping, and customizing thumbnails
- Enrich videos with calls-to-action, quizzes, advanced metadata, slides, chapters, and interactive content
- Captions - Upload multi-lingual captions to reach international, multi-lingual, and hearing-impaired audiences while also enabling in-video search within the captions.
- Comments - Boost online conversations and user engagement by allowing users to comment on videos.
- Browse, Search and Embed - Quickly find and embed videos based on metadata (Name, Description, Tags, Categories)
- In-video search – Upload captions and then search for every spoken word. Search results allow skipping directly to the relevant part in the video. In-video search available within an entry or across videos in the Media Gallery/My Media.
- Analytics – Managers can view gallery-level reports for video engagement:
- Which videos are users watching the most?
- Which users contribute the most videos?
- Which users watch the most videos?
- Responsive Design - Automatically adjusts site layout to the screen size and device to provide optimal mobile device support.
The following documentation is available for information about the Kaltura Video Extension for Microsoft Teams: