Adding Kaltura My Media to My Workspace
This section describes the admin tasks on how to add My Media to My Workspace for new and existing users.
To add My Media to My Workspace for new users in the system:
- Login to the Sakai Server as an admin user.
- Go to the Sites tool (can be found in the Administration Workspace).
- Search for !user site id (second text field).
- Click on !user site id.
- Click on pages button.
- Click on "New Page" link.
- Enter "My Media" for the page title.
- Click on the "Tools" button.
- Click on the "New Tool" link.
- Click on the check box next to "Kaltura My Media".
- Click on the "Save" button.
To add My Media to My workspace for existing users in the system:
- Login into Sakai server as an admin user.
- Click 'Job Scheduler' link from admin user's My Workspace.
- Click 'Jobs' button. On the next page, click 'New Job' button.
- Enter the Job Name and select the Type: 'Add My Media For Existing Users Job' and click Post.
The Job Scheduler redisplays with the jobs listed.
- Click on 'Triggers(0)” next to Kaltura Job.
- Click on Run Job Now button. Confirm by clicking again on Run Now button in this page.
These steps trigger a job in Sakai that adds the Kaltura Video Tool for Sakai for existing users.
When the job completes, an email notification is sent to the admin email address with the status.
The email contains the following information:
Subject: Status: Adding My Media to user's My Workspace
Add My Media for Existing Users Job Run status:COMPLETED/ FAILED Total number of My workspace sites:
Number of My workspace sites updated:
The email Service has to be enabled in Sakai via sakai.properties to be triggered. The admin email address to use for this notification can be configured via jobs.admin.email property in Sakai.properties.
Back to Top