Overview of the Kaltura Video Integration with Zoom
The Kaltura-Zoom integration allows you to automatically transfer all Zoom cloud recordings to Kaltura, for archiving, transcription and compliance.
This article describes the folllowing topics:
- Installing the Kaltura Application
- Uninstalling the Kaltura Application
- Zoom-Kaltura User Mapping and Logic
- Filtering Zoom Recordings
See the article Setting Up the Zoom Integration with Kaltura for configuration settings and information.
- A paid Zoom Account
- Access to Cloud Recording
- A Kaltura Account
The Kaltura application is an account-level application. All the recordings created by Zoom users under the configured account will be uploaded to Kaltura.
Only Zoom account admin(s) can install or remove the application from the Zoom Marketplace.
After the Kaltura application is installed and enabled on your account:
- All Zoom cloud recordings for the account are uploaded to the configured Kaltura account.
- Only the Zoom admin may edit the application configuration.
- Recordings that were recorded prior to the installation will not be uploaded to Kaltura.
The transfer to Kaltura begins immediately and seamlessly, although it may take a few minutes for the recording to be available from Zoom.
When you uninstall the Kaltura application:
- Recordings from Kaltura will not be deleted.
- The integration will stop and further Zoom recordings will not be uploaded to Kaltura.
The Zoom integration with Kaltura maps the Zoom meeting Host IDs to Kaltura users.
- If the Zoom meeting host ID exists in Kaltura, the ID is mapped, and the recording is displayed under "My Media" in Kaltura MediaSpace. The Zoom meeting host is the recording owner in Kaltura.
- If the Zoom alternative host(s) ID exist in Kaltura, the alternative hosts are defined as co-publishers, co-viewers, or not added at all to the recording entry. The admin can configure how alternatives hosts will be added to meeting recordings when enablign the Kaltura applications.
- If the Zoom meeting host ID does not exist in Kaltura, the recording is mapped to the Default Kaltura User ID and the Default User ID becomes the owner of the recording in Kaltura.
- If the Default Kaltura User ID does not exist in Kaltura - it is automatically created. Other users are not automatically created.
Filtering Zoom Recordings
You can define a category for all Zoom recordings to easily filter your recordings in the Kaltura Management Console (KMC). You can then search for Zoom recordings. For more information see Searching and Filtering Through Media.