Next, select the Playback tab.
Set the following options:
Apply User Preferences
Applies the settings previously set by the user
Captions Default Display
This is the default captions language.
Load the video asset automatically when the page loads.
Play back the video automatically when the page loads.
Start Playback Muted
When playback begins, start video in muted mode.
Fallback to Muted Autoplay
Fall back to muted autoplay on browsers that block autoplay with sound.
Support legacy HLS with Flash
This is a Flash fallback for the remaining 2% that still use Windows 7 with IE11.
With the Flash fallback, the Kaltura TV Platform Player can now deliver HTTP adaptive streaming to legacy OSs that don’t support Media source extensions (which is what hls.js / Shaka are using). This means the player can play HLS/HLS-AES VOD and Live on this type of platform.
Remember that Flash is the last option in terms of engine priority, which can be configured here.
Kaltura supports robust analytics via the Kaltura platform as well as via 3rd party analytics providers. The following analytics options are supported:
Kaltura Analytics - Statistics
The Offline Capabilities tab enables you to specify how the player behaves when it's not connected to the Internet.
Select the checkbox "PWA" (progressive Web App), to apply the ability to download content and play it offline, on the browser itself, even when not connected online.
The 360 & VR tab enables you to specify whether the player should support 360 and VR and to configure its behavior for playing spherical 360 videos and immersive VR mode.
- In the 360 & VR tab, select the Enable checkbox to enable this feature.
- Specify whether to show the stereo toggle button (relevant only to mobile devices).
- Specify whether to start the video in stereo mode or not.
- Next, define the sensitivity of the mouse and touch movement by specifying the move multiplier.
- In the Device Motion Multiplier, define the sensitivity of the device motion.
- Finally, set the camera options.
- Click Save Player Settings.
- To define this player as a sender, select the Sender checkbox and click the arrow next to Sender:
- In the Application ID field, enter the Google Application ID of the receiver that will be recieving the cast content.
- By default, the receiver application uses VMAP ads; if you wish to use VAST ads instead, select the Use VAST Ads checkbox.
- Alternatively, to define this player as a receiver, select the Receiver checkbox. When you enable this option, this means that the current player is defined as a receiver type, and should only be used in the receiver application. Currently all receiver configuration are handled through the customer receiver application.
- Click Save Player Settings.
Configuring the Player's Advanced Settings
The Advanced Settings enable seasoned developers to configure the player using the JSON file.
To learn more, refer to the Kaltura-Player repository.
CVAA and 508 Compliancy
All Kaltura TV Platform Players are CVAA- and 508-compliant.