Kaltura’s flexible HTML5 media player provides media online publishing solutions that are easy to use and embed.
The Kaltura player:
- Handles rich media such as video, audio, and image files
- Presents and play playlists
- Enables annotations, subtitles, and accessibility features (508 compliance)
- Provides API and plugin layers for customizing and extending the media playback experience
A wide range of plugins is available for many features, including:
- Various streaming protocols
- DRM and content protection
- Social interaction and sharing
- Advertising, commerce, and analytics
The Kaltura player provide a light-weight and robust framework for creating rich media and video-centric unified web experiences. Kaltura's HTML5 video library provides seamless cross-platform video playback, including:
- Fallback logic to Flash when HTML5 is not supported
- Complete feature stack of flexible layout and design
- Plugins for analytics, access control, advertising, and more
The Kaltura HTML5 Video Library was developed in collaboration with the Wikimedia Foundation, Mozilla, and many community contributors.
To download source code and for more information, visit player.kaltura.com
Kaltura Player Studio
Leveraging the flexible XML-based layout mechanism built into the Kaltura media players, the Kaltura Universal Studio provides a WYSIWYG environment to create customized Kaltura Players. The studio does not require programming or design skills.
You can use the Kaltura Player Studio to:
- Create unlimited instances of customized Kaltura Players.
- Add and remove components and OSMF plugins such as watermark, buttons, sharing features, and playback control elements.
- Integrate with third-party systems, such as advertising networks and servers.
- Customize the player's look and feel, including icons, colors, and layout.
Kaltura’s HTML5 Video Library
Consistent Player Interface
Kaltura's HTML5 Media Library enables you to take advantage of the HTML5 video and audio tags with a consistent player interface across all major browsers and devices.
The library supports a seamless fallback with Flash-based playback using Kaltura's Flash player or Java Cortado for browsers that do not yet feature HTML5 video and audio support.
Upon detection of the client browser, the Kaltura HTML5 Media Library chooses the right codec to use (specified in the source attributes or available from a Kaltura server) and the right player to display. Whether you share using h264, ogg-theora, or WebM, Kaltura's library ensures that all browsers play the content with the same UI.
Unified Look and Feel
For More Information
For more information about HTML5, refer to Getting Started - Navigating HTML5.