This article provides an outline on how to gather diagnostic information from a SharePoint 2013 On-Prem site, usually for instances where the installation or a component may fail.
- Log-in to the SharePoint server. If multiple SharePoint servers exist - the following steps should be execcuted over each server.
- Download Microsoft's free diagnostic tool "Debug View", save it in a folder on the server and extract the package files:
- Open DebugView tool as administrator.
- Within DebugView, click on the menu item "Capture" and ensure that the option "Capture Global Win32" is selected.
- Run the component that you want to diagnose, usually it ishe one that's causing trouble:
- If the installer fails at some stage - execute that stage again now
- If the search crawler fails to crawl - start the crawling process once again (i.e. in the search service application visit "Content Sources", locate the item "Kaltura CS", click on the item and choose "Crawl Now"
- If an issue occurs within some site page, for example if Kaltura widgets are not loading, load the faulty page again
- Diagnostic information should appear within the DebugView program, mark all the entries and copy them.